Has Anyone Seen Their System Clock Speed Up Using De{*word*81}?

2004-05-04 08:12:25 PM
jbuilder8
Is there anyone in this forum who has seen or heard of a problem
with the PC's system clock speeding up after using the de{*word*81}
in Jbuilder 9?
It doesn't happen on all machines; however, It does affect a Dell Optiplex GX260 with a 2.26GHz cpu. It only happens when I
use the de{*word*81} for a period of time. I noticed it at the end of
the day when the system clock had a time showing 30 minutes ahead
of my watch.

Re:Has Anyone Seen Their System Clock Speed Up Using De{*word*81}?

AJ wrote:
Is there anyone in this forum who has seen or heard of a problem
with the PC's system clock speeding up after using the de{*word*81}
in Jbuilder 9?
For what it's worth, yes, I remember someone else mentioning something
along those lines (the clock either sped up or slowed down, I can't
remember which).
Googling doesn't seem to bring up any obvious candidates - perhaps under
heavy load, interrupts are lost? If you have a SpeedStep CPU, high CPU
usage will cause the CPU speed to move up and down, and perhaps the lost
interrupts cause the system to miscount time..
Who knows? Try adding more memory to your system and see if you still
have problems (you know you can always use more memory :-).