code folding

2004-05-14 08:52:37 PM
jbuilder3
Is there a way in JBX to "fold all" in a class and "unfold all"? That would
make it easy to reorganize the methods in a class. Folding all methods in a
large class is pretty click-intensive. It would handy to just collapse all
the methods to single lines, shuffle them to where they should be, and
unfold them all.
It would also be handy if folding the code on a method folded in the JavaDoc
for methods as well. As it is, moving folded methods around could make it
easy to disconnect the javadoc for a method from the method it's
documenting. Just my two cents.
Dave

Re:code folding

Your best bet would be to submit that to QualityCentral under the "Tools"
menu. Other developers can then review it and vote on it.
--
Check out our latest white papers at
BladeNET Scores With Borland Enterprise Tools
"Dave Bender" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
[...]

Yup! I agree. There's a bug/enhancement request for this already, and I
agree, it would make for easy keyboard navigating around the code if you
could do that! :>
It would also be handy if folding the code on a method folded in the
JavaDoc
YUP! The point of code folding is to shrink down your world to focus on
what you need to focus on. With the javadocs in your way, there's still too
much there to distract you.
In the current implementation of the code folding, unfortunately it's not
sufficient enough to consider it useful. In other words, we don't even use
it at my work. :< It's too bad cause it's a great feature, IF it's fully
functionaly.

{smallsort}

Re:code folding

I must say that im so tired on the bug with the folding,
Borland must take this seious.
Christer

Re:code folding

Christer Borgqvist wrote:
I must say that im so tired on the bug with the folding,
Borland must take this seious.
Have you posted a bug report to Quality Central? If you have then I
hope there's more detail to it than you've provided here. If not,
please do post one but take the time to explain what you mean :)
--
Andrue Cope [TeamB]
[Bicester, Uk]

Re:code folding

Andrue Cope [TeamB] skrev:
Christer Borgqvist wrote:

>I must say that im so tired on the bug with the folding,
>Borland must take this seious.

Have you posted a bug report to Quality Central? If you have then I
hope there's more detail to it than you've provided here. If not,
please do post one but take the time to explain what you mean :)

Ok wats wrong with this,\
i get the fold where i type "1"
"1"//---------------------------------------------------------------------------
void __fastcall TaxSOChipPinPadImpl::EndRspEvent(TObject *Sender)
{
TServDataObj *dataptr = dynamic_cast<TServDataObj*>(Sender);
if ( dataptr && dataptr->xmlTrtyp == "EndRsp") {
WriteToLog(FZid, "EndResponseEvent", FTillID, FTerminalID,
dataptr->xmlVal);
SOOutputComplete(Ftranstype);
Flatest = 0;
}
}

Re:code folding

Christer Borgqvist wrote:
Ok wats wrong with this,\
i get the fold where i type "1"
"1"//---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why would you place that sequence before a commentline placed by the IDE?
That does not even compile.
Here it has no influence on folding. (Turbo C++ Explorer).
Hans.

Re:code folding

Hans Galema skrev:
Christer Borgqvist wrote:

>Ok wats wrong with this,\
>i get the fold where i type "1"
>"1"//---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why would you place that sequence before a commentline placed by the IDE?

That does not even compile.

Here it has no influence on folding. (Turbo C++ Explorer).

Hans.
Wat i mean is where i type "1" is where the ide place the fold sign.

Re:code folding

Christer Borgqvist wrote:
Wat i mean is where i type "1" is where the ide place the fold sign.
How many characters are you typing? One or three?
iIou only tyoe one character (the digit 1) after the foldicon
and there was:
void __fastcall TaxSOChipPinPadImpl::EndRspEvent(TObject *Sender)
then after that one would read:
1void __fastcall TaxSOChipPinPadImpl::EndRspEvent(TObject *Sender)
Is that what you mean?
Hans.

Re:code folding

Hans Galema skrev:
Christer Borgqvist wrote:

>Wat i mean is where i type "1" is where the ide place the fold sign.

How many characters are you typing? One or three?

iIou only tyoe one character (the digit 1) after the foldicon
and there was:

void __fastcall TaxSOChipPinPadImpl::EndRspEvent(TObject *Sender)

then after that one would read:

1void __fastcall TaxSOChipPinPadImpl::EndRspEvent(TObject *Sender)

Is that what you mean?

Hans.
No
"1" is my symbol for the foldicon.
the foldicon should be at the left of the functon, not one line above.
"1"//---------------------------------------------------------------------------
void __fastcall TaxSOChipPinPadImpl::EndRspEvent(TObject *Sender)
{
TServDataObj *dataptr = dynamic_cast<TServDataObj*>(Sender);
if ( dataptr && dataptr->xmlTrtyp == "EndRsp") {
WriteToLog(FZid, "EndResponseEvent", FTillID, FTerminalID,
dataptr->xmlVal);
SOOutputComplete(Ftranstype);
Flatest = 0;
}
}
Christer

Re:code folding

There are some bugs with CodeFolding that Borland are
working on at present.
If you can put an example that doesn't work into QC, then
they are more likely to fix it.
They are mainly down to strange parsing errors or foreign
characters.
If you can't add the source files to QC due to privacy etc.
please email them to Adam(Sparky)
so that he can fix it.
He is working on some of my problems at the present.
HTH Pete

Christer Borgqvist wrote:
"1" is my symbol for the foldicon.
Hehe. Why didn't you tell so right away.
So you were not typing.
Does that icon display a 1 ?
"+" or "-" comes to mind.
"-" //---------------------------------------------------------------------------
void __fastcall TaxSOChipPinPadImpl::EndRspEvent(TObject *Sender)
{
TServDataObj *dataptr = dynamic_cast<TServDataObj*>(Sender);
if ( dataptr && dataptr->xmlTrtyp == "EndRsp") {
WriteToLog(FZid, "EndResponseEvent", FTillID, FTerminalID
, dataptr->xmlVal);
SOOutputComplete(Ftranstype);
Flatest = 0;
}
}
Oh how difficult to tell what is going on! ;-).
Hans.

Re:code folding

"Hans Galema" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >skrev i meddelandet news:45267a56$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
Christer Borgqvist wrote:

>"1" is my symbol for the foldicon.

Hehe. Why didn't you tell so right away.

So you were not typing.

Does that icon display a 1 ?

No, he just show you where the folding occur <g>

Re:code folding

Borland have screwed it up a litlle. The most annoying fact is that they are
going to fix the bugs only in the next release. Sadly, kinda.
"Christer Borgqvist" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >???????/???????? ?
???????? ?????????: news:4526525e$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
I must say that im so tired on the bug with the folding,
Borland must take this seious.

Christer

Re:code folding

I have a project from BCB3 PRO that I imported into TurboC and of four
source files three have code folding but the main one does not. Is there a
control for code folding
thanks
Tom