JBuilder 2006 Native Executable Builder

2007-06-03 02:47:47 AM
jbuilder13
I use the native executable to deploy my code, which works fine.
However, each time the generated executable runs it creates a file, called
something like "JEn254.tmp" in the Windows temporary file folder.
The temp file appears to be a straight copy of the config file containing,
e.g. the mainclass and VMParams settings.
Does anybody know of a way to either prevent these files from being created
or make the executable housekeep them itself?
I'm running JBuilder 2006 on Windows XP Professional.
Derek.

Re:JBuilder 2006 Native Executable Builder

Hi Derek
May you tell why you want to eliminate this tmp file?
And do you set JB to explicitly create a .config file or not?

Re:JBuilder 2006 Native Executable Builder

Hi Mohsen,
The programme runs frequently and there is a limit of 65535 files in a
single folder. The client's TMP folder filled up with these files and this
prevented the program from executing - as well as some other problems.
Obviously, one solution is to delete the file after each run but a cleaner
solution (and less embarrassing) would be if the program just didn't create
it in the first place.
I have experimented with the JB settings to try and get rid of this file but
with no luck.
The settings I have are (for the Windows executable):
Create Executable configuration
I haven't been able to create an executable in Jbuilder that doesn't create
these temp files so I'd be interested to know if other people don't see this
happening.
Derek.
< XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Hi Derek
May you tell why you want to eliminate this tmp file?
And do you set JB to explicitly create a .config file or not?

{smallsort}