patch for JB 9 Personal

2003-08-26 02:57:10 AM
jbuilder0
I am a university student using JB 9 Personal, and am unable to download any
upgrades ... apparently I am not a Java Developer ... Borland site says
registration happens automatically upon 1st run, but I guess not for
Personal edition?
Does anyone know if the patch is also for Personal? I had a fatal hang
while finishing a the final project for a summer programming course, lost
much of the code, and I'm hoping to avoid a repeat of that.
Thanks!

Re:patch for JB 9 Personal

"Brett" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
I am a university student using JB 9 Personal, and am unable to
download any
upgrades ... apparently I am not a Java Developer ... Borland site
says
registration happens automatically upon 1st run, but I guess not for
Personal edition?
My understanding is that this is a mistake. The intent is that all
Java Developers, including JBuilder Personal users, should be able to
download the patch. I don't know how long it will take for the web
pages to be fixed to allow you to download it.
--
Gillmer J. Derge (TeamB)

Re:patch for JB 9 Personal

Thanks for letting me know. I'll use JB 8 until then.
news:3f4a5c06$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>I am a university student using JB 9 Personal, and am unable to
download any
>upgrades ... apparently I am not a Java Developer ... Borland site
says
>registration happens automatically upon 1st run, but I guess not for
>Personal edition?

My understanding is that this is a mistake. The intent is that all
Java Developers, including JBuilder Personal users, should be able to
download the patch. I don't know how long it will take for the web
pages to be fixed to allow you to download it.

--
Gillmer J. Derge (TeamB)

{smallsort}