JBuilder 2007 and StarTeam

2007-01-04 06:47:04 AM
jbuilder11
I have been recently looking at a trial version of JBuilder 2007.
While looking around I have noticed that there doesn't appear to be any
support of for StarTeam in it anymore. I work with team that uses
StarTeam for version control and bug tracking and it is really
disappointing that JBuilder no longer has StarTeam support built when
they have for the previous versions. Am I missing something or does
this mean that I won't be able to ever use a new version of JBuilder
again. Thanks.
Alex

Re:JBuilder 2007 and StarTeam

The Eclipse platform does not have the fully integrated interface that prior
versions of JBuilder had. Each VCS integration contributes its own UI to
content and application menus which can be annoying for most people since
they will probably need only a single plugin. The VSS, StarTeam, and
ClearCase integrations were disabled by default to reduce this clutter, CVS
and Subversion were left enabled.
This configuration choice was discussed in some the JBuilder 2007 talks
which are available online and referenced in the Help | Welcome to Borland
JBuilder 2007 | Contents where there is a link to launch the configuration
dialog ("NOTE: This component is disabled by default. Click here to open the
Help | Software Updates | Manage Configuration dialog from which you can
enable it").
Click the third toolbar button so the Manage Configuration dialog to show
the disabled plugins and allow you to enable them.
The recorded talks/demos are at
dn.codegear.com/article/33880
< XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
I have been recently looking at a trial version of JBuilder 2007.
While looking around I have noticed that there doesn't appear to be any
support of for StarTeam in it anymore. I work with team that uses
StarTeam for version control and bug tracking and it is really
disappointing that JBuilder no longer has StarTeam support built when
they have for the previous versions. Am I missing something or does
this mean that I won't be able to ever use a new version of JBuilder
again. Thanks.

Alex

Re:JBuilder 2007 and StarTeam

Thanks Bill. That worked. Now I have another question. I notice that
there is a new Task List in JBuilder 2007 that allows you to add a New
Repository Task. However, when I try adding one, it doesn't let me
choose StarTeam as a repository. Is there any way that I can add it?
Thanks.
Alex

news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>I have been recently looking at a trial version of JBuilder 2007.
>While looking around I have noticed that there doesn't appear to be any
>support of for StarTeam in it anymore. I work with team that uses
>StarTeam for version control and bug tracking and it is really
>disappointing that JBuilder no longer has StarTeam support built when
>they have for the previous versions. Am I missing something or does
>this mean that I won't be able to ever use a new version of JBuilder
>again. Thanks.
>
>Alex

{smallsort}

Re:JBuilder 2007 and StarTeam

Not sure what you are looking at (sounds like one of the UI pieces for the
Eclipse feature called Mylar which allows you to connect with Bugzilla,
JIRA, and XPlanner task "repositories" and pull/work on tasks assigned to
you).
Try using Window | Open Perspective | Other | StarTeam. Select the Server
Explorer, right-click and do New | Server Connection.