JB2006 + SUSE 10

2006-03-25 04:32:21 PM
jbuilder18
I'm having a certain amount of difficulty:
Any time I compile and get an error, the text cursor vanishes, and won't
return until I restart JB. Clearly not acceptable!
Has anyone else seen this?
I've read somewhere (I forget just where) that the Sun x86_64 JVM isn't
all it might be, so I guess that could be at fault.
JB is running under 1.5.0_03-b07 (which is the one supplied), rather
than the system default one (1.5.0_06-b05).
How do I change the JVM JB uses (as opposed to the one the project uses)?
--
Never dereference void

Re:JB2006 + SUSE 10

simon wrote:
I've read somewhere (I forget just where) that the Sun x86_64 JVM isn't
all it might be, so I guess that could be at fault.
Yeah, but JB's bundled JVM is *not* the Sun 64-bit VM - it's the
ordinary old 32-bit VM used in Linux/X86 installs. But you're right,
it's a {*word*249}y bit on the older side..
How do I change the JVM JB uses (as opposed to the one the project uses)?
This is a bit dangerous. You can try changing the "javahome" parameter
in bin/jdk.config (or renaming the JDK directory in JBuilder's home, and
creating a symlink with the original name pointing to whatever JBuilder
installation you want to use).
Of course, after you do that, Your Warranty Is Void, as they say in
those disclaimers, but if it works for you, great..

Re:JB2006 + SUSE 10

Shankar Unni wrote:
simon wrote:

>I've read somewhere (I forget just where) that the Sun x86_64 JVM isn't
>all it might be, so I guess that could be at fault.

Yeah, but JB's bundled JVM is *not* the Sun 64-bit VM - it's the
ordinary old 32-bit VM used in Linux/X86 installs. But you're right,
it's a {*word*249}y bit on the older side..

>How do I change the JVM JB uses (as opposed to the one the project uses)?

This is a bit dangerous. You can try changing the "javahome" parameter
in bin/jdk.config (or renaming the JDK directory in JBuilder's home, and
creating a symlink with the original name pointing to whatever JBuilder
installation you want to use).

Of course, after you do that, Your Warranty Is Void, as they say in
those disclaimers, but if it works for you, great..
Thanks, I'll give it a try.
--
Never dereference void

{smallsort}