JBuilder 2005 does not design old frames and dialogs

2005-01-26 01:40:15 AM
jbuilder1
Several if not most of my frames, dialogs and panels will not display
correctly in JBuilder 2005 (11.0.236.0) - it makes a dog's dinner of
the display. I have been designing using successive versions of
JBuilder for about 5 years and have been very happy with it. I have
noticed that the designer has become fussier and fussier as the
version numbers go up. But now I have come up against a brick wall. It
would be very difficult to re-design all my programs which are quite
complex and sometimes take advantage that the design is programmed
rather than specified from a resource file. Have other users come up
against this? I would like to move to Java 5 but can't with earlier
versions of JBuilder. I am on the verge of wrapping the packages up
and asking for my money back and looking for an alternative package.
Thank you for listening.
goldw

Re:JBuilder 2005 does not design old frames and dialogs

Hi,
XXXX@XXXXX.COM (goldw) wrote in message news:< XXXX@XXXXX.COM >...
Have other users come up
against this?
Yes we have. All of our dialogs have been created under JBuilder 5.
JBuilder 2005 is not able to parse them. I made several attempts to
get them parsed again and here are my results:
Patch 1 makes things worse.
Patch 3 at first glance seemed to repair some major bugs, but when I
tried to open larger dialogs, same problems as before.
All of our dialogs or panels implement an interface. If we comment
this out, the panel is shown under JBuilder 2005 unpatched and
Jbuilder 2005 Patch 3. But several dialogs have inner classes (mostly
TableModels) and these don't get parsed at all ("red component" under
patch 3 and total crash/100% cpu under JB2005 unpatched).
This IDE does not make my life easier...
Greets
Jens

Jens wrote:
This IDE does not make my life easier...

What can we do? Borland don't seem to have acknowledged the problem.
TeamB just tell us to download the useless Update 3. There must be
loads of other people who have been hit by this.

{smallsort}