Dynamic Help

2006-06-14 05:20:48 PM
jbuilder12
Hi,
The dynamic help is not reading the correct JAVADOC for the configured JDK.
I have configured for 1.4.2.11 JDK, but the help is looking at:
jar:file:C:/Borland/JBuilder2006/doc/j2mewtk_docs.jar
How can I change this?
Steve

Re:Dynamic Help

SPG wrote:
The dynamic help is not reading the correct JAVADOC for the configured JDK.

I have configured for 1.4.2.11 JDK, but the help is looking at:

jar:file:C:/Borland/JBuilder2006/doc/j2mewtk_docs.jar

How can I change this?
Tools | Configure | JDKs
Select the "Documentation" tab.
Remove the errant JAR file and add the correct documentation path.
--
Kevin Dean [TeamB]
Dolphin Data Development Ltd.

Re:Dynamic Help

"Kevin Dean [TeamB]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
SPG wrote:

>The dynamic help is not reading the correct JAVADOC for the configured
>JDK.
>
>I have configured for 1.4.2.11 JDK, but the help is looking at:
>
>jar:file:C:/Borland/JBuilder2006/doc/j2mewtk_docs.jar
>
>How can I change this?

Tools | Configure | JDKs

Select the "Documentation" tab.

Remove the errant JAR file and add the correct documentation path.

--
Kevin Dean [TeamB]
Dolphin Data Development Ltd.
www.datadevelopment.com/

NEW WHITEPAPERS
Securing Borland Enterprise Server

info.borland.com/newsgroups/guide.html
Not true...
My JDK is correctly configured.
Just double checked this and it is pointing directly at my JDK's DOC
directory.
Steve

{smallsort}

Re:Dynamic Help

JBuilder does not inherently know that a particular class is part of the
JDK. It is going to search for the Javadoc using all the project
documentation paths configured and return on first match.
My guess is that you added one of the J2ME libraries to your project and in
the course of scanning all the documentation paths of the project and
required libraries, the J2ME documentation provided the first match.
You could remove that library if you are not using it, or remove its
documentation paths.
I don't know how the search order is determined, but perhaps you can
configure the project documentation path (Project | Project Properties |
Paths | Documentation) to point at your JDK documentation (note that the
path is not just the jar but also the java/api directory within the jar)
and see if it looks there first during the search before the required
library and JDK library documentation paths.

news:448fd4ef$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>Hi,
>
>The dynamic help is not reading the correct JAVADOC for the configured
>JDK.
>
>I have configured for 1.4.2.11 JDK, but the help is looking at:
>
>jar:file:C:/Borland/JBuilder2006/doc/j2mewtk_docs.jar
>
>How can I change this?
>
>Steve

Hi Bill,
I had a look at the library defs etc and could not find any obvious link to
the jar file, so I just renamed it and restarted JBuilder, not it is reading
from the correct jar file... It must be being told to load it from some
config somewhere but I cannot find it!
Steve