Re: In 2006 search panel is not activated after "find references"

2005-10-21 12:15:51 AM
jbuilder17
Makes sense. But Borland people read this newsgroup and I do not think primetime JBuilder is relevant any more.
- Alexey.
"Lori M Olson [TeamB]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
Alexey N. Solofnenko wrote:
>It is really annoying.
>
>- Alexey.

So? Report it as a bug in Quality Central (if it's not already there).

Just complaining about it here doesn't accomplish anything, except, of
course, allowing you to vent your frustration ;-)

--

Regards,

Lori Olson [TeamB]

Re:Re: In 2006 search panel is not activated after "find references"

On 20 Oct 2005 09:15:51 -0700, Alexey N. Solofnenko wrote:
Makes sense. But Borland people read this newsgroup and I do not think primetime JBuilder is relevant any more.
No but JBuilder *is*... And with Peloton they would want to know what
issues are *currently* happening with JBuilder so they can make sure
they're not issues *later* - regardless of if JBuilder is hosted on
Primetime, Eclipse, or <insert IDE technology here>.
--
David Orriss Jr. TeamB
www.davenet.net/

Re:Re: In 2006 search panel is not activated after "find references"

>Makes sense. But Borland people read this newsgroup and I do not think
>primetime JBuilder is relevant any more.

No but JBuilder *is*... And with Peloton they would want to know what
issues are *currently* happening with JBuilder so they can make sure
they're not issues *later* - regardless of if JBuilder is hosted on
Primetime, Eclipse, or <insert IDE technology here>.
Now, this is something very interesting. Would anybody care to comment on
this, please?
Any links that point to information that JBuilder on primetime is dead? I
mean this is the feeling
that i get from looking at the quality of JB2005/2006 releases. But I was
mostly thinking
that Swing development on JBuilder is dead, not that the entire product.
I remember some time ago there was news of Borland getting involved with
Eclipse platform.
I have not follwed the development since then. Is it common knowledge that
they are going
to change the IDE technology?
Thanks for any insights/info
Tony.

{smallsort}

Re:Re: In 2006 search panel is not activated after "find references"

Just look at this:
www.google.com/search&lr=&q=borland+peloton&btnG=Search
- Alexey.
Tony wrote:
>>Makes sense. But Borland people read this newsgroup and I do not think
>>primetime JBuilder is relevant any more.
>No but JBuilder *is*... And with Peloton they would want to know what
>issues are *currently* happening with JBuilder so they can make sure
>they're not issues *later* - regardless of if JBuilder is hosted on
>Primetime, Eclipse, or <insert IDE technology here>.

Now, this is something very interesting. Would anybody care to comment on
this, please?
Any links that point to information that JBuilder on primetime is dead? I
mean this is the feeling
that i get from looking at the quality of JB2005/2006 releases. But I was
mostly thinking
that Swing development on JBuilder is dead, not that the entire product.

I remember some time ago there was news of Borland getting involved with
Eclipse platform.
I have not follwed the development since then. Is it common knowledge that
they are going
to change the IDE technology?

Thanks for any insights/info
Tony.

--
Alexey N. Solofnenko
home: trelony.cjb.net/

On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 16:04:21 -0700, Tony wrote:
Any links that point to information that JBuilder on primetime is dead?
I don't have anything *definitive* other than what Borland has said - they
are going forward with Peloton - an initiative to bring JBuilder to the
Eclipse platform. And to that degree, JBuilder R&D is going to want to
know what customers will want to *see* in Peloton.
--
David Orriss Jr. [TeamB]
www.codethought.com