Re: JBuilder 2005 and jdk 1.5

2006-06-11 01:09:36 PM
jbuilder21
dingfelder wrote:

I know this has been asked in the past, but I have not seen mention of it
recently... I'm hoping someone has a way to make this work or some good
news...

I have read in the past that JBuilder 2005 itself only runs using jdk1.4.

Can this be changed to 1.5? or is it still limited to 1.4?

Cheers,

Andy
You can certainly use JB 2005 to compile for 1.5, but if you run JB 2005
with 1.5, you are going to lose some functionalitY(ies) with the IDE
itself.
There use to be a project on BDN that supported 2005 with 1.5. It worked
pretty well, but some thing will not work properly (has to do with Open
Tools for the most part).

Re:Re: JBuilder 2005 and jdk 1.5

I know this has been asked in the past, but I have not seen mention of it recently... I'm hoping someone has a way to make this work or some good news...
I have read in the past that JBuilder 2005 itself only runs using jdk1.4.
Can this be changed to 1.5? or is it still limited to 1.4?
Cheers,
Andy

Re:Re: JBuilder 2005 and jdk 1.5

Paul Furbacher [TeamB] wrote:
Paul Nichols (TeamB) wrote:

Well, maybe. Turns out that someone has reported having pretty
good success running JBuilder 2005 on Java 5 ... on a Mac, of
course!

I have only tried it on Windows and Linux. Neither worked very well,
especially when attempting to use the wizards or in debugging Web
Applications (especially JSPs). :)
Since I do not own a Mac, cannot say! :)

{smallsort}

Paul Nichols (TeamB) wrote:
You can certainly use JB 2005 to compile for 1.5, but if you run JB 2005
with 1.5, you are going to lose some functionality(ies) with the IDE
itself. [...]
Well, maybe. Turns out that someone has reported having pretty
good success running JBuilder 2005 on Java 5 ... on a Mac, of
course!
See the thread titled "[Repost from Java-Dev] Possible Solution
for JBuilder 2005 and J2SE 5.0 Release 4 (1.5.0_06), started April
27, 2006. It would be interesting to see someone try the suggestions
in that reposted solution on Windows.
--
Paul Furbacher (TeamB)
Save time, search the archives:

Paul Nichols (TeamB) wrote:
Paul Furbacher [TeamB] wrote:

>Paul Nichols (TeamB) wrote:
>

>Well, maybe. Turns out that someone has reported having pretty
>good success running JBuilder 2005 on Java 5 ... on a Mac, of
>course!

I have only tried it on Windows and Linux. Neither worked very well,
especially when attempting to use the wizards or in debugging Web
Applications (especially JSPs). :)

Since I do not own a Mac, cannot say! :)

You should search for and read the thread that PaulF mentioned. The
solution is not Mac-specific, and is definitely not anything I've seen
anyone else try, so it might work on Linux and Windows.
--
Regards,
Lori Olson [TeamB]