Re: Ant failure: can't find java.lang??

2003-06-25 08:05:54 AM
jbuilder24
Other information:
JBuilder 9 personal edition, version 9.0.125.0
And this is my correct contact info.
"news.bellatlantic.net" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Hello,

Using Ant from inside JBuilder suddenly stopped working. For each class
that the Ant target tries to compile, I get the message:

[javac] error: Fatal Error: Unable to locate package java.lang
in
classpath or bootclasspath

Which sounds pretty bad.

However, running Ant from the command line on the same build.xml file
works
fine. So does compiling from JBuilder itself.

Some more info:
- I did just install today Ant 1.5.3-1 from Apache. However, everything
was
working after that, so I'm not sure what changed.
- I pointed JBuilder towards the new Ant by setting up a Library in User
Home, which includes ant.jar and optional.jar. When Ant stopped working
from JBuilder, I deleted the original Library reference from JBuilder, no
help. I then removed the new Library reference, and readded the original
(hopefully identically). Also no help.

For reference, the execution line that JBuilder seems to be trying is:

Error executing Ant:

C:/JBuilder9/jdk1.4/bin/java -Dbuild.compiler=com.borland.jbuilder.ant.compi

ler.Bmj -Xbootclasspath:C:\JBuilder9\lib\javac.jar;C:\JBuilder9\lib\jbuilder

.jar;C:\JBuilder9\jdk1.4\jre\lib\rt.jar;C:\JBuilder9\jdk1.4\jre\lib\i18n.jar

;C:\JBuilder9\jdk1.4\jre\lib\sunrsasign.jar;C:\JBuilder9\jdk1.4\jre\lib\jsse

.jar;C:\JBuilder9\jdk1.4\jre\lib\jce.jar;C:\JBuilder9\jdk1.4\jre\lib\charset

s.jar;C:\JBuilder9\jdk1.4\jre\classes;C:\JBuilder9\jdk1.4\lib\tools.jar;C:\J

Builder9\lib\jbuilder.jar;C:\JBuilder9\lib\ant.jar;C:\JBuilder9\lib\optional

.jar;C:\libraries\xerces-2_4_0\xercesImpl.jar;C:\libraries\xerces-2_4_0\xmlP
arserAPIs.jar;C:\libraries\junit.jar org.apache.tools.ant.Main -buildfile
build.xml -inputhandler
com.borland.jbuilder.build.AntBuildTask$AntInputHandler compile_targets

which looks reasonable enough.

Does anyone have any ideas? Am I missing something about how to tell
JBuilder to use the new Ant version? I'd really rather not have to rely
on
the command line to use Ant.

Thanks,

Re:Re: Ant failure: can't find java.lang??

news:3ef8de3d$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

>Hello,
>
>Using Ant from inside JBuilder suddenly stopped working. For each class
>that the Ant target tries to compile, I get the message:
>
>[javac] error: Fatal Error: Unable to locate package java.lang

in

>classpath or bootclasspath
>
>Which sounds pretty bad.
>
>However, running Ant from the command line on the same build.xml file

works

>fine. So does compiling from JBuilder itself.
>
>Some more info:
>- I did just install today Ant 1.5.3-1 from Apache. However, everything

was

>working after that, so I'm not sure what changed.
>- I pointed JBuilder towards the new Ant by setting up a Library in User
>Home, which includes ant.jar and optional.jar. When Ant stopped working
>from JBuilder, I deleted the original Library reference from JBuilder, no
>help. I then removed the new Library reference, and readded the original
>(hopefully identically). Also no help.
>
>For reference, the execution line that JBuilder seems to be trying is:
>
>Error executing Ant:

C:/JBuilder9/jdk1.4/bin/java -Dbuild.compiler=com.borland.jbuilder.ant.compi

ler.Bmj -Xbootclasspath:C:\JBuilder9\lib\javac.jar;C:\JBuilder9\lib\jbuilder

.jar;C:\JBuilder9\jdk1.4\jre\lib\rt.jar;C:\JBuilder9\jdk1.4\jre\lib\i18n.jar

;C:\JBuilder9\jdk1.4\jre\lib\sunrsasign.jar;C:\JBuilder9\jdk1.4\jre\lib\jsse

.jar;C:\JBuilder9\jdk1.4\jre\lib\jce.jar;C:\JBuilder9\jdk1.4\jre\lib\charset

s.jar;C:\JBuilder9\jdk1.4\jre\classes;C:\JBuilder9\jdk1.4\lib\tools.jar;C:\J

Builder9\lib\jbuilder.jar;C:\JBuilder9\lib\ant.jar;C:\JBuilder9\lib\optional

.jar;C:\libraries\xerces-2_4_0\xercesImpl.jar;C:\libraries\xerces-2_4_0\xmlP

>arserAPIs.jar;C:\libraries\junit.jar org.apache.tools.ant.Main -buildfile
>build.xml -inputhandler
>com.borland.jbuilder.build.AntBuildTask$AntInputHandler compile_targets
>
>which looks reasonable enough.
>
>Does anyone have any ideas? Am I missing something about how to tell
>JBuilder to use the new Ant version? I'd really rather not have to rely

on

>the command line to use Ant.
>
>Thanks,

Note that there is an ant.jar and optional.jar in the bootclasspath
which reside in <JBuilder>\lib\
You might want to save those, then replace them with the new ones.
--
Regards,
Lori Olson (TeamB)

"Lori M Olson (TeamB)" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Chris Leon wrote:
> [...]
s.jar;C:\JBuilder9\jdk1.4\jre\classes;C:\JBuilder9\jdk1.4\lib\tools.jar;C:\J

Builder9\lib\jbuilder.jar;C:\JBuilder9\lib\ant.jar;C:\JBuilder9\lib\optional

.jar;C:\libraries\xerces-2_4_0\xercesImpl.jar;C:\libraries\xerces-2_4_0\xmlP

>>arserAPIs.jar;C:\libraries\junit.jar
org.apache.tools.ant.Main -buildfile
>>build.xml -inputhandler
>>com.borland.jbuilder.build.AntBuildTask$AntInputHandler compile_targets
>>
>>which looks reasonable enough.
>>
>>Does anyone have any ideas? Am I missing something about how to tell
>>JBuilder to use the new Ant version? I'd really rather not have to rely
>
>on
>
>>the command line to use Ant.
>>
>>Thanks,

Note that there is an ant.jar and optional.jar in the bootclasspath
which reside in <JBuilder>\lib\

You might want to save those, then replace them with the new ones.

That command line was from a run where I had removed the User Home library
entry for Ant. When I readd the User Home library entry, the ant.jar and
optional.jar entries point back to the newer version of Ant.
It doesn't work with either the new ant jars in the <JBuilder>/lib, or the
old ones, with either the User Home library set or not, with the JBuilder
library entry for Ant or not. =/
Any other ideas?
Thanks,
Chris