IDE problems with event methods just created through event browser

2004-08-25 04:28:25 AM
jbuilder9
Hello group,
I'm using JBuilder X and when I create some kinds of methods to manage
events like "stateChanged" regarding JSpinner, or JSlider, I create the
method, but, when I compile the project (or execute it) I can NOT see it
any more in the event browser...
Any idea? Has anybody got the same problem ?
Thnx and regards.

Re:IDE problems with event methods just created through event browser

Entelekia wrote:
Hello group,

I'm using JBuilder X and when I create some kinds of methods to manage
events like "stateChanged" regarding JSpinner, or JSlider, I create the
method, but, when I compile the project (or execute it) I can NOT see it
any more in the event browser...
What do you mean by the "event browser"? I'm
not sure there's any such thing in JBuilder.
Or are you referring to the Property Inspector's
"Event" tab?
--
Paul Furbacher (TeamB)
Save time, search the archives:

Re:IDE problems with event methods just created through event browser

El Tue, 24 Aug 2004 17:17:36 -0400, Paul Furbacher [TeamB] escribi?
Entelekia wrote:

>Hello group,
>
>I'm using JBuilder X and when I create some kinds of methods to manage
>events like "stateChanged" regarding JSpinner, or JSlider, I create the
>method, but, when I compile the project (or execute it) I can NOT see it
>any more in the event browser...

What do you mean by the "event browser"? I'm
not sure there's any such thing in JBuilder.

Or are you referring to the Property Inspector's
"Event" tab?
Yes, correct, the "Event" Tab.
Thnx.

{smallsort}

Entelekia wrote:
>>I'm using JBuilder X and when I create some kinds of methods to manage
>>events like "stateChanged" regarding JSpinner, or JSlider, I create the
>>method, but, when I compile the project (or execute it) I can NOT see it
>>any more in the event [tab]...
I have tried to duplicate this, but cannot.
Two things come to mind.
1. After you compile and flip back to the Designer,
have you re-selected the component prior to flipping
to the Event tab? Just switching back to the
Designer un-selects all components; as a result,
the Event tab will show no methods.
2. Are you running in the -verbose mode and from a
console window? If not, please do. When you
add an event handler in the Event tab, compile, flip
back to the Designer, select the component you made
the event handler for, and if it doesn't show up
in the Event tab, look to see if any exceptions were
thrown in the console window.
If so, post the entire stack trace of the exception,
not the entire contents of the console window, here.
Perhaps we will be able to diagnose the problem.
--
Paul Furbacher (TeamB)
Save time, search the archives:
Is it in Joi Ellis's Faq-O-Matic?
Thank you.

Re:IDE problems with event methods just created through event browser

Entelekia wrote:
[...]
I've executed JBuilder in "verbose" mode via console,
but there is no exceptions....

Have we discovered a new bug...?
Do you have a reproducible case? If so, file a
report at Quality Central with that case (i.e.,
Java source code) as an attachment. Provide
a good description and the steps to reproduce it.
If you mention the report ID here, someone might
just go and see whether it can be reproduced in
a different environment.
--
Paul Furbacher (TeamB)
Save time, search the archives:
Is it in Joi Ellis's Faq-O-Matic?
Thank you.

Re:IDE problems with event methods just created through event browser

El Wed, 25 Aug 2004 09:06:43 -0400, Paul Furbacher [TeamB] escribi?
Entelekia wrote:

>>>I'm using JBuilder X and when I create some kinds of methods to manage
>>>events like "stateChanged" regarding JSpinner, or JSlider, I create the
>>>method, but, when I compile the project (or execute it) I can NOT see it
>>>any more in the event [tab]...

I have tried to duplicate this, but cannot.

Two things come to mind.

1. After you compile and flip back to the Designer,
have you re-selected the component prior to flipping
to the Event tab? Just switching back to the
Designer un-selects all components; as a result,
the Event tab will show no methods.

2. Are you running in the -verbose mode and from a
console window? If not, please do. When you
add an event handler in the Event tab, compile, flip
back to the Designer, select the component you made
the event handler for, and if it doesn't show up
in the Event tab, look to see if any exceptions were
thrown in the console window.

If so, post the entire stack trace of the exception,
not the entire contents of the console window, here.
Perhaps we will be able to diagnose the problem.
I've kept in mind the first point, that's not the problem.