Upgrading from Windows 98 to XP

2003-07-01 10:12:15 PM
jbuilder3
After having upgraded my Windows from version 98 to XP the license to
JBuilder 8 Professional no longer works. It behaves as if it is not
registered. A more serious problem is that I am not able to register
again. My registration is refused, because the serial number is already
registered to another user. Does anybody know what to do?

Re:Upgrading from Windows 98 to XP

Hi Anders,
It became unregistered because of the changes that occurred to
the user home. You simply need to register it again.
The error that the serial is registered to another user is due to
the fact that you are trying to use a different Borland Community
account than you used the first time. If you do not remember
your password or your user name that you created the first
time, hopefully you remember your email address. You can
retrieve a lost password by going to:
community.borland.com
and clicking Login in the upper right part of the page. On the next
screen, click "Forgot my password" and on the next screen enter
your email address. Your password will be mailed to you. Then
you can use the email address and the password to successfully
register the product again.
Oh, and write down your password and keep it where you can
find it again. :-)
Steve Peters
Borland Developer Support
Please do not send discussion group posts directly
to me as they may be ignored. Responses should be
posted directly to the newsgroups where they may be
shared by all.
Disclaimer:
www.borland.com/devsupport/disclaim.html
Anders Ringgaard Kristensen wrote:
After having upgraded my Windows from version 98 to XP the license to
JBuilder 8 Professional no longer works. It behaves as if it is not
registered. A more serious problem is that I am not able to register
again. My registration is refused, because the serial number is already
registered to another user. Does anybody know what to do?

Re:Upgrading from Windows 98 to XP

Thank you. It turned out that I have two accounts in the system. When I used
the right user name the re-registration was accepted without problems.
Anders

--
Kind Regards,

Steve Peters
Borland Developer Support

Please do not send discussion group posts directly
to me as they may be ignored. Responses should be
posted directly to the newsgroups where they may be
shared by all.

Disclaimer:
www.borland.com/devsupport/disclaim.html

Anders Ringgaard Kristensen wrote:

>After having upgraded my Windows from version 98 to XP the license to
>JBuilder 8 Professional no longer works. It behaves as if it is not
>registered. A more serious problem is that I am not able to register
>again. My registration is refused, because the serial number is already
>registered to another user. Does anybody know what to do?

{smallsort}