Installing JBuilder under Solaris 9 x86 (error libjava.so)

2004-03-05 05:06:12 PM
jbuilder8
Hi everyone,
I know very little yet about Solaris (x86), but would like to install
JBuilder 7
on the platform.
I downloaded JDK 1.4 and installed it, but when I run install_solaris on the
JBuilder cd I get the following error message:
Error: can't find libjava.so
I suppose it has something to do with path settings (because I know where
libjava.so is situated).
Can anyone tell what to do to solve this problem.
Thanks in advance,
Johan

Re:Installing JBuilder under Solaris 9 x86 (error libjava.so)

OK, I managed to get the installation process started,
but when I click on Borland JBuilder 7 Enterprise (in the
installation window) a message appears which tells
me that the installation is being prepared and two
seconds later another message tells that the installation
is completed (btw no JBuilder is installed after this).
Can anyone explain this to me?
Thanks

Johan Ruttens wrote:
Hi everyone,

I know very little yet about Solaris (x86), but would like to install
JBuilder 7
on the platform.

I downloaded JDK 1.4 and installed it, but when I run install_solaris on the
JBuilder cd I get the following error message:

Error: can't find libjava.so

I suppose it has something to do with path settings (because I know where
libjava.so is situated).
Can anyone tell what to do to solve this problem.

Thanks in advance,

Johan

The Solaris install is a Sparc binary, so it is unlikely to install
properly anyway.
Please keep in mind that Solaris x86 is not a supported platform for
JBuilder. That doesn't mean it won't run, but it does mean that you are
likely to run into undocumented issues.
Basically, if you have another machine (Linux, Windows) that you can
install on, one common work around is to install on the other OS, zip it
up and move it to your Solaris x86 box. And then replace the JDK from
that install with a Solaris x86 JDK.
--
Regards,
Lori Olson (TeamB)