Exception in thread "main" - mainclass ...

2003-10-07 12:38:47 PM
jbuilder16
After I run JBuilder, I encountered a problem :
C:\Borland\JBuilder9\bin>jbuilder
com/borland/jbuilder/JBuilder
jbuilder.config :
mainclass com.borland.jbuilder.JBuilder
Does anybody knows how to solve this problem ?
Thanks
Chris

Re:Exception in thread "main" - mainclass ...

Chris,
What operating system are you running on? Have you tried uninstalling
and reinstalling? How many files do you Java in your JBuilder9\lib
directory? Is JBuilder.jar there?
If you only have a few files and/or JBuilder.jar isn't there, you should
definitely reinstall.
Nate Lieby
Borland Dev. Support
cc wrote:
After I run JBuilder, I encountered a problem :

C:\Borland\JBuilder9\bin>jbuilder
com/borland/jbuilder/JBuilder

jbuilder.config :
mainclass com.borland.jbuilder.JBuilder

Does anybody knows how to solve this problem ?

Thanks

Chris

Re:Exception in thread "main" - mainclass ...

I am having the same problem.
JBuilder locked up during a build and my machine was unresponsive so I
powered down my computer.
When Windows came back up I clicked the JBuilder 9 icon and nothing
happened.
I then went to the command line and I receive the following exception:
C:\JBuilder9\bin>jbuilder
Use -verbose for details on OpenTool failures
*** OpenTool com.borland.jbuilder.JBuilderCore failed to initialize
We also need to use the command line build utility and the following
exception gets logged:
C:\JBuilder9\bin>jbuilder -build
Use -verbose for details on OpenTool failures
*** OpenTool com.borland.jbuilder.JBuilderCore failed to initialize
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
at com.borland.jbuilder.build.BuildCommand.invokeCommand(Unknown
Source)
at com.borland.primetime.PrimeTime.a(Unknown Source)
at com.borland.primetime.PrimeTime.start(Unknown Source)
at com.borland.jbuilder.JBuilder.main(Unknown Source)
Usually if a project file is not supplied with the '-build' switch JBuilder
will say it has nothing to do.
Please help.
I am running:
Windows XP
V 5.1 SP 1
.5 GB Ram
50 GB Free of HD
Thanks in advance.
William Lee Mapp, III

cc wrote:

>After I run JBuilder, I encountered a problem :
>
>C:\Borland\JBuilder9\bin>jbuilder
>Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
>com/borland/jbuilder/JBuilder
>
>jbuilder.config :
>mainclass com.borland.jbuilder.JBuilder
>
>Does anybody knows how to solve this problem ?
>
>Thanks
>
>Chris

{smallsort}

Re:Exception in thread "main" - mainclass ...

William,
Have you checked to see if your lib directory is ok? Do you have any
opentools in your lib/ext directory? If you do, you might try removing
them to see if it's your opentools having problems. Have you tried
reinstalling?
Nate Lieby
Borland Developer Support

news:3f8345ca$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

>Chris,
>
>What operating system are you running on? Have you tried uninstalling
>and reinstalling? How many files do you Java in your JBuilder9\lib
>directory? Is JBuilder.jar there?
>
>If you only have a few files and/or JBuilder.jar isn't there, you should
>definitely reinstall.
>
>Nate Lieby
>Borland Dev. Support
>

>cc wrote:
>

>>After I run JBuilder, I encountered a problem :
>>
>>C:\Borland\JBuilder9\bin>jbuilder
>>Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
>>com/borland/jbuilder/JBuilder
>>
>>jbuilder.config :
>>mainclass com.borland.jbuilder.JBuilder
>>
>>Does anybody knows how to solve this problem ?
>>
>>Thanks
>>
>>Chris

Re:Exception in thread "main" - mainclass ...

I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times and I am still getting the
same problems.
I had opentools installed before I uninstalled though. Maybe JBuilder did
not clean up the registry keys that it was using to initialize third party
tools?
Will

William Mapp wrote:

>I am having the same problem.
>
>JBuilder locked up during a build and my machine was unresponsive so I
>powered down my computer.
>
>When Windows came back up I clicked the JBuilder 9 icon and nothing
>happened.
>
>I then went to the command line and I receive the following exception:
>
>C:\JBuilder9\bin>jbuilder
>Use -verbose for details on OpenTool failures
>*** OpenTool com.borland.jbuilder.JBuilderCore failed to initialize
>
>We also need to use the command line build utility and the following
>exception gets logged:
>
>C:\JBuilder9\bin>jbuilder -build
>Use -verbose for details on OpenTool failures
>*** OpenTool com.borland.jbuilder.JBuilderCore failed to initialize
>Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
>at com.borland.jbuilder.build.BuildCommand.invokeCommand(Unknown
>Source)
>at com.borland.primetime.PrimeTime.a(Unknown Source)
>at com.borland.primetime.PrimeTime.start(Unknown Source)
>at com.borland.jbuilder.JBuilder.main(Unknown Source)
>
>Usually if a project file is not supplied with the '-build' switch
JBuilder
>will say it has nothing to do.
>
>Please help.
>
>I am running:
>
>Windows XP
>V 5.1 SP 1
>.5 GB Ram
>50 GB Free of HD
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>William Lee Mapp, III
>
>"Nate Lieby [Borland]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
>news:3f8345ca$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>
>>Chris,
>>
>>What operating system are you running on? Have you tried uninstalling
>>and reinstalling? How many files do you Java in your JBuilder9\lib
>>directory? Is JBuilder.jar there?
>>
>>If you only have a few files and/or JBuilder.jar isn't there, you should
>>definitely reinstall.
>>
>>Nate Lieby
>>Borland Dev. Support
>>

>>cc wrote:
>>

>>>After I run JBuilder, I encountered a problem :
>>>
>>>C:\Borland\JBuilder9\bin>jbuilder
>>>Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
>>>com/borland/jbuilder/JBuilder
>>>
>>>jbuilder.config :
>>>mainclass com.borland.jbuilder.JBuilder
>>>
>>>Does anybody knows how to solve this problem ?
>>>
>>>Thanks
>>>
>>>Chris

Re:Exception in thread "main" - mainclass ...

William,
Try deleting your .jbuilder9 directory (or moving/renaming it)as that
folder persists between installations and contains a lot of your
settings. It could be that there is some weird configuration that is
messing things up.
-nate

news:3f849ce0$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

William Mapp wrote:
I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times and I am still getting the
same problems.

I had opentools installed before I uninstalled though. Maybe JBuilder did
not clean up the registry keys that it was using to initialize third party
tools?

Will

Registry keys for third party tools? LOL. Pretty much every OpenTool
I've ever used "installs" by having a jar file placed in the
<jbuilder>/lib/ext directory. And that's it.
Make sure you don't have any lingering files it that directory, because
those files don't belong to the "installer" for JBuilder so it generally
leaves them in place when it uninstalls.
--
Regards,
Lori Olson (TeamB)