how to set remote debug for weblogic 8

2005-09-28 02:05:36 AM
jbuilder16
Hi
I know it's not a new topic, but I need a detail on setting up the remote
debug for weblogic 8.
the following command-line is in my startWeblogic.cmd
%JAVA_HOME%\bin\java %JAVA_VM% %MEM_ARGS%
%JAVA_OPTIONS% -Xdebug -Xnoagent -Djava.compiler=NONE -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt
_socket,address=3999,suspend=y,server=y -Dweblogic.Name=%SERVER_NAME% -Dwebl
ogic.ProductionModeEnabled=%PRODUCTION_MODE% -Djava.security.policy="%WL_HOM
E%\server\lib\weblogic.policy" weblogic.Server
after deploying a smiple EJB via JBuilder_x, creating a ejb test client and
configuring the running time env, enabling remote-debug, pointing to port
3999 for launch mode,
the error message for trying to run this ejb-client is
Could not locate JBuilder Remote De{*word*81} Server on host "localhost"
Connection refused: connect
Can any one figure it out?
John
Toronto

Re:how to set remote debug for weblogic 8

--
Thanks

John
Toronto

Do you have your Windows firewall turned on? If so, you need to tell it
to allow connections on port 3999.
--
Regards,
Lori Olson [TeamB]

"Lori M Olson [TeamB]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
John Woo wrote:
>Hi
>
>I know it's not a new topic, but I need a detail on setting up the
remote
>debug for weblogic 8.
>
>the following command-line is in my startWeblogic.cmd
>
>%JAVA_HOME%\bin\java %JAVA_VM% %MEM_ARGS%

%JAVA_OPTIONS% -Xdebug -Xnoagent -Djava.compiler=NONE -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt

_socket,address=3999,suspend=y,server=y -Dweblogic.Name=%SERVER_NAME% -Dwebl

ogic.ProductionModeEnabled=%PRODUCTION_MODE% -Djava.security.policy="%WL_HOM
>E%\server\lib\weblogic.policy" weblogic.Server
>
>after deploying a smiple EJB via JBuilder_x, creating a ejb test client
and
>configuring the running time env, enabling remote-debug, pointing to
port
>3999 for launch mode,
>
>the error message for trying to run this ejb-client is
>
>Could not locate JBuilder Remote De{*word*81} Server on host "localhost"
>Connection refused: connect
>
>Can any one figure it out?
>
>--
>Thanks
>
>John
>Toronto

Do you have your Windows firewall turned on? If so, you need to tell it
to allow connections on port 3999.
No, no any thing like that installed.

{smallsort}

John Woo wrote:

>Do you have your Windows firewall turned on? If so, you need to tell it
>to allow connections on port 3999.

No, no any thing like that installed.

John, not to harp, but if you have Windows XP SP2 installed, then you
have the Windows firewall installed.
Firewall problems are virtually the ONLY reason for the error message
you are reporting.
--
Regards,
Lori Olson [TeamB]

John Woo wrote:

>>Do you have your Windows firewall turned on? If so, you need to tell it
>>to allow connections on port 3999.
>

>No, no any thing like that installed.

John, not to harp, but if you have Windows XP SP2 installed, then you
have the Windows firewall installed.

Firewall problems are virtually the ONLY reason for the error message
you are reporting.
Hi Lori,
Thanks for the tips, actually it's running in Windows 2000 server version.
the only thing in that computer "blocking" IP is the Symantec AntiVirus.
Can you tell for windows O.S., how to check/desable any firewall-software?

John Woo wrote:
Hi

I know it's not a new topic, but I need a detail on setting up the remote
debug for weblogic 8.

the following command-line is in my startWeblogic.cmd

%JAVA_HOME%\bin\java %JAVA_VM% %MEM_ARGS%
%JAVA_OPTIONS% -Xdebug -Xnoagent -Djava.compiler=NONE -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt
_socket,address=3999,suspend=y,server=y -Dweblogic.Name=%SERVER_NAME% -Dwebl
ogic.ProductionModeEnabled=%PRODUCTION_MODE% -Djava.security.policy="%WL_HOM
E%\server\lib\weblogic.policy" weblogic.Server

Ok, let's go back to the beginning. I was just reading this in great
detail, and discovered...
suspend=y,server=y
The suspend part is wrong. You never want to do that unless you are
running Weblogic from INSIDE JBuilder, where you will have the control
to make it start. Because it is suspended, it is not really listening
on the port, so you could get that message. Try "suspend=n", and let me
know if that worked.
If not, I'll run through some basics on how to check your ports to see
if anything is listening on them, and if you can connect to them.
--
Regards,
Lori Olson [TeamB]

John Woo wrote:
>Hi
>
>I know it's not a new topic, but I need a detail on setting up the
remote
>debug for weblogic 8.
>
>the following command-line is in my startWeblogic.cmd
>
>%JAVA_HOME%\bin\java %JAVA_VM% %MEM_ARGS%

%JAVA_OPTIONS% -Xdebug -Xnoagent -Djava.compiler=NONE -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt

_socket,address=3999,suspend=y,server=y -Dweblogic.Name=%SERVER_NAME% -Dwebl

ogic.ProductionModeEnabled=%PRODUCTION_MODE% -Djava.security.policy="%WL_HOM
>E%\server\lib\weblogic.policy" weblogic.Server

Ok, let's go back to the beginning. I was just reading this in great
detail, and discovered...

suspend=y,server=y

The suspend part is wrong. You never want to do that unless you are
running Weblogic from INSIDE JBuilder, where you will have the control
to make it start. Because it is suspended, it is not really listening
on the port, so you could get that message. Try "suspend=n", and let me
know if that worked.

If not, I'll run through some basics on how to check your ports to see
if anything is listening on them, and if you can connect to them.

if the command line is (start weblogic in dos-command-prompt)
java %JAVA_VM% %MEM_ARGS%
%JAVA_OPTIONS% -Xdebug -Xnoagent -Djava.compiler=NONE -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt
_socket,server=y,address=3999,suspend=n -Dweblogic.Name=%SERVER_NAME% -Dweb
logic.ProductionModeEnabled=false -Djava.security.policy="%WL_HOME%\server\l
ib\weblogic.policy" weblogic.Server
then the error in JBuilder_x, when runing the remote-debug-launch for
testing an ejb is
Could not locate JBuilder Remote De{*word*81} Server on host "localhost"
Connection refused: connect
when runing the remote-debug-attach for testing an ejb is
-- IOException attaching Remote Java debug process --
I'm also wondering how to start or stop weblogic in JBuilder (so far I just
deploy EJB inside JBuilder)