JBuilder Bug Accessing java.security

2004-11-10 03:13:57 AM
jbuilder22
It appears there may be a bug in JBuilder 2005 Developer when accessing the
java.security.KeyPairGenerator class. Below is the file that causes the
problem. As soon as I click below the KeyPairGenerator line, the entire
builder locks up using 50% + of the CPU utilization. Left it to run for
several minutes, and it still never returns. And actually the first time it
occurred was when I typed:
java.security.KeyPairGenerator.getInstance(
So it appears to be some type of problem with the java.security package to
me. Using JDK 1.4 that came with JBuilder for target as well as code rules.
Any suggestions? Can anyone else reproduce this problem with 2005?
Thanks,
Matt
package com.test.executables;
import javax.crypto.*;
import java.security.*;
public class GenerateKeys {
long seed;
public GenerateKeys(long seed) {
this.seed = seed;
}
public void execute() throws Exception {
java.security.KeyPairGenerator.getInstance(128,"CyrptixCrypto");
}
long seed = System.currentTimeMillis();
if(args.length>0)
seed = Long.parseLong(args[0]);
GenerateKeys generateKeys = new GenerateKeys(seed);
try {
generateKeys.execute();
} catch(Exception exception) {
}
}
}

Re:JBuilder Bug Accessing java.security

Matthew Preston wrote:
Can anyone else reproduce this problem with 2005?
In a quick test, no, but that was with Enterprise.
java.security.KeyPairGenerator.getInstance(128,"CyrptixCrypto");
Will this even compile? According to what I'm seeing,
KeyPairGenerator.getInstance takes either String, String and Provider,
or String and String. The workaround might be to fix the method call.
Note: it also looks like you might have misspelled "Cryptix".
--
Gillmer J. Derge [TeamB]

Re:JBuilder Bug Accessing java.security

It is misspelled below, but correcting it does not resolve the issue. The
problem manifests itself as soon as the initial open ( is entered. Looking
a bit further, it appears to be some type of incompatibility with the
Cryptix package. Removing that library causes the problem to disappear.
"Gillmer J. Derge [TeamB]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Matthew Preston wrote:
>Can anyone else reproduce this problem with 2005?

In a quick test, no, but that was with Enterprise.

>java.security.KeyPairGenerator.getInstance(128,"CyrptixCrypto");

Will this even compile? According to what I'm seeing,
KeyPairGenerator.getInstance takes either String, String and Provider, or
String and String. The workaround might be to fix the method call.

Note: it also looks like you might have misspelled "Cryptix".

--
Gillmer J. Derge [TeamB]

{smallsort}