JDBC problems

2004-10-14 03:12:19 AM
jbuilder20
I am a Delphi developer, and I have done a lot of Database Application
design, specially with InterBase.
I have just started programming in Java (jBuilder2005), and I am getting up
to production speed in this environment.
I have big problems getting the database connectivity to work.
I can browse the local jDatastore tables locally through the Database Pilot.
I can build applications if I use the ODBC bridge to connect.
I can't connect to a jDatastore on another computer, and i can't figure why.
Here is the Stack Trace:

Re:JDBC problems

I am a Delphi developer, and I have done a lot of Database Application
design, specially with InterBase.
I have just started programming in Java (jBuilder2005), and I am getting up
to production speed in this environment.
I am very frustrated about getting the database connectivity to work.
I can browse the local jDatastore tables locally through the Database Pilot.
I can build applications if I use the ODBC bridge to connect.
I can't connect to a jDatastore on another computer, and i can't figure why.
Here is the Stack Trace:
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:305)
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:171)
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:158)
at com.borland.datastore.driver.SocketMultiplex.a(Unknown Source)
at com.borland.datastore.driver.RDriverConnection.a(Unknown Source)
at com.borland.datastore.driver.RDriverConnection.init(Unknown Source)
at com.borland.datastore.driver.RDriverConnection.init(Unknown Source)
at com.borland.datastore.jdbc.DataStoreDriver.connect(Unknown Source)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:512)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:171)
at com.borland.dx.sql.dataset.Database.openConnection(Unknown Source)
at com.borland.jdbcx.metadata.DatabaseInfo.openConnection(Unknown Source)
at com.borland.jdbcx.metadata.d.run(Unknown Source)
I can't get the InterClient to work, not even locally. Without my highly
beloved InterBase I don't know what to do.
Here is the Stack Trace from my attempts to connect to InterBase 6.0:
java.sql.SQLException: interbase.interclient.IBException:
[interclient][interbase]connection rejected by remote interface
at interbase.interclient.Connection.remote_ATTACH_DATABASE(Unknown Source)
at interbase.interclient.Connection.connect(Unknown Source)
at interbase.interclient.Connection.<init>(Unknown Source)
at interbase.interclient.Driver.connect(Unknown Source)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:512)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:171)
at com.borland.dx.sql.dataset.Database.openConnection(Unknown Source)
at com.borland.jdbcx.metadata.DatabaseInfo.openConnection(Unknown Source)
at com.borland.jdbcx.metadata.d.run(Unknown Source)
I have looked everywhere for documentation, but I have not found any
solutions to my headaches.
Where shall I look?
Peder Skånning

Re:JDBC problems

Peder Skånning wrote:
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:305)
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:171)
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:158)
at com.borland.datastore.driver.SocketMultiplex.a(Unknown Source)
at com.borland.datastore.driver.RDriverConnection.a(Unknown Source)
Probably, your credentials are not good enough OR the remote machine
disallows a connection from your machine.
Here is the Stack Trace from my attempts to connect to InterBase 6.0:

java.sql.SQLException: interbase.interclient.IBException:
[interclient][interbase]connection rejected by remote interface
at interbase.interclient.Connection.remote_ATTACH_DATABASE(Unknown
Source) at interbase.interclient.Connection.connect(Unknown Source)
The same here. AFAIK, there is a HTML page that let's you check the
connection to Interclient in which you can fill in variables to check the
connection to a remote Interbase database through Interclient. Use that to
troubleshoot any connection problems and/or problems with credentials. If
that gives you trouble, use one of the Interbase client programs, wisql for
example to see if you can make a connection to the remote DB.
--
Ruurd

{smallsort}

Re:JDBC problems

>Here is the Stack Trace from my attempts to connect to InterBase 6.0:
>
>java.sql.SQLException: interbase.interclient.IBException:
>[interclient][interbase]connection rejected by remote interface
>at interbase.interclient.Connection.remote_ATTACH_DATABASE(Unknown
>Source) at interbase.interclient.Connection.connect(Unknown Source)

The same here. AFAIK, there is a HTML page that let's you check the
connection to Interclient in which you can fill in variables to check the
connection to a remote Interbase database through Interclient. Use that to
troubleshoot any connection problems and/or problems with credentials. If
that gives you trouble, use one of the Interbase client programs, wisql
for
example to see if you can make a connection to the remote DB.
I am having the same problem with my connection to a remote data base
(Interbase 6.0):
java.sql.SQLException: interbase.interclient.IBException:
[interclient][interbase]connection rejected by remote interface
at interbase.interclient.Connection.remote_ATTACH_DATABASE(Unknown Source)
at interbase.interclient.Connection.connect(Unknown Source)
at interbase.interclient.Connection.<init>(Unknown Source)
at interbase.interclient.Driver.connect(Unknown Source)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:512)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:171)
at com.borland.dx.sql.dataset.Database.openConnection(Unknown Source)
at com.borland.jdbcx.metadata.DatabaseInfo.openConnection(Unknown Source)
at com.borland.jdbcx.metadata.e.run(Unknown Source)
Could you please tell me about the HTML page to check the connection to the
remote daba base.
When I try to connect to my Interbase local data base, I do not have any
problem.

Re:JDBC problems

"Camilo hoyos" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
>>Here is the Stack Trace from my attempts to connect to InterBase 6.0:

java.sql.SQLException: interbase.interclient.IBException:
[interclient][interbase]connection rejected by remote interface
at interbase.interclient.Connection.remote_ATTACH_DATABASE(Unknown
Source)
at interbase.interclient.Connection.connect(Unknown Source)
at interbase.interclient.Connection.<init>(Unknown Source)
at interbase.interclient.Driver.connect(Unknown Source)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:512)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:171)
at com.borland.dx.sql.dataset.Database.openConnection(Unknown Source)
at com.borland.jdbcx.metadata.DatabaseInfo.openConnection(Unknown Source)
at com.borland.jdbcx.metadata.e.run(Unknown Source)

2 Questions:
(1) What Drivers are you using to connect to the Interbase Database? Since
you stated it was version 6, I wonder if you are using the drivers that will
not work with 1.3 or 1.4 (pre 2.0.1).
(2) Are you sure you have port permissions on 3050-3060 on the remote
server? Are you sure the firewall is not blocking these ports?

Re:JDBC problems

(1) What Drivers are you using to connect to the Interbase Database? Since
you stated it was version 6, I wonder if you are using the drivers that
will
not work with 1.3 or 1.4 (pre 2.0.1).
I am using the driver that includes JBuilder X:
InterClient 3.00 Final Build
(2) Are you sure you have port permissions on 3050-3060 on the remote
server? Are you sure the firewall is not blocking these ports?
Sure, the permissions on those ports are enabled
Regards

Re:JDBC problems

"Camilo hoyos" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
>(1) What Drivers are you using to connect to the Interbase Database?
Since
>you stated it was version 6, I wonder if you are using the drivers that
>will
>not work with 1.3 or 1.4 (pre 2.0.1).

I am using the driver that includes JBuilder X:
InterClient 3.00 Final Build

Are you are attempting to use the Drivers with IB 6? If so, FWIU, that will
not work.
If you are using Interbase 6, then I would suggest getting the Firebird jdbc
drivers from the sourceforge site.
firebird.sourceforge.net

Re:JDBC problems

I changed the driver and the remote and local connection was successful!
I downloaded the "FireBird Interclient 2.01 jdk 1.3" from:
firebird.sourceforge.net/index.php
and after installation I put the "interclient.jar" into my path.
Thank you so much!!!
"Paul Nichols (TeamB)" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >escribi?en el mensaje

"Camilo hoyos" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>>(1) What Drivers are you using to connect to the Interbase Database?
Since
>>you stated it was version 6, I wonder if you are using the drivers that
>>will
>>not work with 1.3 or 1.4 (pre 2.0.1).
>
>I am using the driver that includes JBuilder X:
>InterClient 3.00 Final Build

Are you are attempting to use the Drivers with IB 6? If so, FWIU, that
will
not work.

If you are using Interbase 6, then I would suggest getting the Firebird
jdbc
drivers from the sourceforge site.

firebird.sourceforge.net

Re:JDBC problems

"Camilo hoyos" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
I changed the driver and the remote and local connection was successful!

If you want to use type 4 jdbc drivers, use the jaybird drivers instead of
the Interclient ones.

Re:JDBC problems

>I changed the driver and the remote and local connection was successful!

If you want to use type 4 jdbc drivers, use the jaybird drivers instead of
the Interclient ones.

After changing to FireBird and Jaybird everything works fine. The only
problem I have currently is UNICODE characters. Everything displays fine in
my Windows application, but when I run it on Mac OSX, I have problems with
Danish characters. Any quick hints on enforsing UNICODE local characters?
Peder Skånning

Re:JDBC problems

"Peder" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message

>>I changed the driver and the remote and local connection was
successful!

>If you want to use type 4 jdbc drivers, use the jaybird drivers instead
of
>the Interclient ones.

After changing to FireBird and Jaybird everything works fine. The only
problem I have currently is UNICODE characters. Everything displays fine
in
my Windows application, but when I run it on Mac OSX, I have problems with
Danish characters. Any quick hints on enforsing UNICODE local characters?

Not on Mac.. Ask Paul Furbacher (TeamB) under the MAC/OSX forums. He works
pretty extensively on the Mac OS.