Re: jb9: errors when trying to compile

2003-08-14 04:49:01 PM
jbuilder7
To be more specific I get this problem when trying to run targets from
inside Ant. Its like the classpath to run Ant is incorrect, I've no idea
where to fix this.
Keith
In <bd48pj$p93me$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM > XXXX@XXXXX.COM wrote:
i have set up jbuilder 9 and started a project. when i try to compile
i get the following error messages:

"Unable to locate package java.lang in classpath or bootclasspath"

i guess i have to add it to the scriptfile, but i don't know exactly
what. can somebody help me with this?

Reinhard

Re:Re: jb9: errors when trying to compile

In <20030814184902801+ XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
To be more specific I get this problem when trying to run targets
from inside Ant. Its like the classpath to run Ant is incorrect,
I've no idea where to fix this.
Have you installed Ant and properly added it
to the system path? Simply installing JBuilder
probably doesn't install Ant properly for you.
See the Ant manual -- it's actually a very good
manual. See the section on installation. It
may be that if Ant is in the /Developer/Applications/
JBuilder9/JBuilder.framework/extras/ant folder,
all you have to do is add that path to the
shell's .cshrc file in your home folder.
Mine reads
setenv ANT_HOME /Developer/Applications/JBuilder9/JBuilder.framework/extras/ant
setenv PATH {$PATH}:$ANT_HOME/bin: [... and other folders ...]
among numerous other settings for aliases, etc. [Note
that your newsreader may have wrapped the above lines.
Each must be on a single line, or to continue lines,
use " \" (no quotes) at the end of a broken line.]
In <bd48pj$p93me$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM > XXXX@XXXXX.COM wrote:
>i have set up jbuilder 9 and started a project. when i try to
>compile i get the following error messages:
>
>"Unable to locate package java.lang in classpath or bootclasspath"
>
>i guess i have to add it to the scriptfile, but i don't know exactly
>what. can somebody help me with this?
Paul Furbacher [TeamB]
Save time, search the archives:
Is it in Joi Ellis's Faq-O-Matic?
Thank you.

Re:Re: jb9: errors when trying to compile

When you installed JBuilder did you configure a JDK library that points
to the Apple JDK? Under the Tools menu there's an item to "Configure
JDKs". Do this and use this JDK in each project you create/work on in
JBuilder. If you're building your project via ANT from inside JBuilder
look at the ANT tab of the project's build properties and configure it
to use the project JDK.
If this didn't come across well let me know and I'll write up a better
description.
Tony
XXXX@XXXXX.COM wrote:
To be more specific I get this problem when trying to run targets from
inside Ant. Its like the classpath to run Ant is incorrect, I've no idea
where to fix this.

Keith

In <bd48pj$p93me$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM > XXXX@XXXXX.COM wrote:

>i have set up jbuilder 9 and started a project. when i try to compile
>i get the following error messages:
>
>"Unable to locate package java.lang in classpath or bootclasspath"
>
>i guess i have to add it to the scriptfile, but i don't know exactly
>what. can somebody help me with this?
>

>Reinhard

{smallsort}