UNICODE and Database

2005-01-26 12:10:06 AM
jbuilder12
I am writing an application in jBuilder 2005 for managing data in a Firebird
database. The targer is to run the client both on Mac and WinPC, which has
proven succesfull so far. The problem I have encountered is, that UNICODE
(Danish) characters show fine in the WinPC client, but wrongly in the Mac
OSX client.
Any hints on how to tackle the problem will be appreciated.
Peder Skånning

Re:UNICODE and Database

Peder wrote:
I am writing an application in jBuilder 2005 for managing data in a Firebird
database. The targer is to run the client both on Mac and WinPC, which has
proven succesfull so far. The problem I have encountered is, that UNICODE
(Danish) characters show fine in the WinPC client, but wrongly in the Mac
OSX client.
Java client? Web client?
Any hints on how to tackle the problem will be appreciated.
I would suggest searching the java-dev list archives at
lists.apple.com/archives/java-dev
The archive username/password is archive/archive
If you don't find anything -- and I wouldn't be surprised
because the search functionality is {*word*99}py -- you might
want to subscribe to the list and ask there.
--
Paul Furbacher (TeamB)
Save time, search the archives: