jbuilder works on g3 ibook, not my g4 powerbook exit code 11

2005-04-08 06:32:32 AM
jbuilder12
I'm unable to get welcome or any other simple projects to run using my set-up on a powerbook g4 though they are working on my ibook g3.
when I build or make I get a message saying all files were built successfully but the application never starts and instead I get an exit code.
Process finished with exit code 11.
I couldn't find anything about this exit code (where would I look this up, is this a jbuilder, java or mac specific exit code?)
I thought I might have limited memory on the powerbook, so I upped the memory. NO GO.
I updated both machines to the same OS version, 10.3.8. NO GO.
I uninstalled jbuilder from the powerbook and moved the working version from the ibook to the powerbook, and likewise replaced .jbuilder* files in my user directory and still NO GO.
Any ideas please??? It will be frustrating if I can't use jbuilder on both machines, as I tend to keep 1 at home and the other at work.
Thanks, Charles

Re:jbuilder works on g3 ibook, not my g4 powerbook exit code 11

charles wrote:
I'm unable to get welcome or any other simple projects to run using
my set-up on a powerbook g4 though they are working on my ibook g3.

when I build or make I get a message saying all files were built
successfully but the application never starts and instead I get an
exit code.

Process finished with exit code 11.
Try either of the following:
1. start JBuilder on the PB from the command-line, adding
the -verbose option; or
2. edit the /Jbuilder2005/JBuilder.framework/bin/jbuilder.config
file, adding the line
addparam -verbose
When you say you upped the memory, are you saying
you changed the setting in the jbuilder.config file?
If not, try 256m for min and 512m for max instead
of the 32m and 75%. (I doubt the error you are
seeing is related to memory, but who knows.)
--
Paul Furbacher (TeamB)
Save time, search the archives:

Re:jbuilder works on g3 ibook, not my g4 powerbook exit code 11

Thanks for the suggestion,
I determined the problem was not jbuilder by trying to run an app from a jar file on this computer, which failed, so I fixed java on this machine (actually reinstalled OS X) and it runs fine now... Thanks.
"Paul Furbacher [TeamB]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
charles wrote:

>I'm unable to get welcome or any other simple projects to run using
>my set-up on a powerbook g4 though they are working on my ibook g3.
>

>when I build or make I get a message saying all files were built
>successfully but the application never starts and instead I get an
>exit code.
>
>Process finished with exit code 11.

Try either of the following:

1. start JBuilder on the PB from the command-line, adding
the -verbose option; or

2. edit the /Jbuilder2005/JBuilder.framework/bin/jbuilder.config
file, adding the line

addparam -verbose

When you say you upped the memory, are you saying
you changed the setting in the jbuilder.config file?

If not, try 256m for min and 512m for max instead
of the 32m and 75%. (I doubt the error you are
seeing is related to memory, but who knows.)

--

Paul Furbacher (TeamB)

Save time, search the archives:

Is it in Joi Ellis's Faq-O-Matic?