JBuilder2005 shell script not working

2006-11-11 01:23:51 AM
jbuilder9
Hello all,
We, a couple of grad students in anthropology, are trying to get
Jbuilder2005 to run on a MacBook Pro with an intel core duo. We found
the shell script posted by Paul Furbacher on April 19 in this group:
"JBuilder 2005, Release 4, shell script." Following the instructions,
pasting in code to TextWrangler, saving as jbuilder2005.command, then
changing the permissions in terminal leads to the file opening in
TextWrangler. Under Get Info, we then directed the file to open with
Terminal. It does, but gives the following:
obrien$ /Users/meghannobrien/jbuilder2005.command; exit
Environment
TERM_PROGRAM=Apple_Terminal
SHELL=/bin/bash
TERM=xterm-color
TERM_PROGRAM_VERSION=133
USER=meghannobrien
__CF_USER_TEXT_ENCODING=0x1F5:0:0
PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin
PWD=/Users/meghannobrien
HOME=/Users/meghannobrien
SHLVL=2
LOGNAME=meghannobrien
SECURITYSESSIONID=b1cf50
_=/usr/bin/env
/Users/meghannobrien/jbuilder2005.command: line 22: error:: command not
found
/Users/meghannobrien/jbuilder2005.command: line 27: syntax error near
unexpected token `Unknown'
/Users/meghannobrien/jbuilder2005.command: line 27:
`com.borland.primetime.PrimeTime.initializeOpenTools(Unknown Source) '
logout
[Process completed]
...and no JBuilder. Since we're not programmers, we're stumped. Up
until a logic board failure on an iBook G4, we were running Repast with
JBuilder with no problems. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
-Neil

Re:JBuilder2005 shell script not working

XXXX@XXXXX.COM wrote:
[...]

I don't see the java -version output here, so there's a difference
between what you are doing and what the jbuilder2005.command script
on my hard disk is doing.
Make sure that in commented block that lines don't wrap so that
they are now uncommented. Also, look for executable lines which
have wrapped: any line which contains a variable name followed
by an equals sign (e.g., jars= ...) must all be on one line!
Given this error which you reported
/Users/meghannobrien/jbuilder2005.command: line 27:
syntax error near unexpected token `Unknown'
I suspect that you did not notice wrapped lines in what
you snipped from the newsgroup article.
Instead of posting the script again here, I've put scripts
for JBuilder 2005 and 2006 on my file sharing page of my
mac.com homepage.
homepage.mac.com/pfurbacher/FileSharing.html
(No comments on the other pages, please. I'm terrible
at keeping things updated, etc.)
--
Paul Furbacher (TeamB)
Save time, search the archives:

Re:JBuilder2005 shell script not working

Success!!! Yes, comparing the file you posted on your filesharing page
to the one made in TextWrangler, there were multiple line breaks that
shouldn't have been there. Your command works and JBuilder 2005 is now
running on the MacBook Pro. Thanks a million, Paul!
-Neil

{smallsort}