Jbuilder 9 Personal Install - crashes my pc.

2003-10-20 07:33:45 PM
jbuilder10
I have been instructed to go here by Borland technical Support, please help.
I have installed JBuilder 9 Personal on my PC (AthlonXP 2500+, 1GB DDR333,
Windows XP SP1), satisfied all the system requirements but it won't run!!?!
At first it would take a couple of hours to start, now it just crashes the
machine, taking up 99% of the CPU and 300Mb of RAM.
I need this to do my uni work, please help.
Thanks.

Re:Jbuilder 9 Personal Install - crashes my pc.

Student wrote:
I have been instructed to go here by Borland technical Support, please help.

I have installed JBuilder 9 Personal on my PC (AthlonXP 2500+, 1GB DDR333,
Windows XP SP1), satisfied all the system requirements but it won't run!!?!

At first it would take a couple of hours to start, now it just crashes the
machine, taking up 99% of the CPU and 300Mb of RAM.

I need this to do my uni work, please help.

Thanks.

It may be one of the infamous video problems. Try editing the
<jbuilder>\bin\jdk.config file, and uncomment one or more of the
settings regarding video issues.
--
Regards,
Lori Olson (TeamB)

Re:Jbuilder 9 Personal Install - crashes my pc.

You might also try starting JBuilder from the command line using the
"jbuilder.exe" file instead of the "jbuilderw.exe" file. When you run
jbuilder.exe from the command line, you can see any exceptions or
stack traces that occur echoed to that console.
If it's throwing exceptions, that would help a lot in figuring out
what's up.
--
Kind Regards,
Steve Peters
Student wrote:
I have been instructed to go here by Borland technical Support, please help.

I have installed JBuilder 9 Personal on my PC (AthlonXP 2500+, 1GB DDR333,
Windows XP SP1), satisfied all the system requirements but it won't run!!?!

At first it would take a couple of hours to start, now it just crashes the
machine, taking up 99% of the CPU and 300Mb of RAM.

I need this to do my uni work, please help.

Thanks.

{smallsort}