How do I get Permission? (Stuts and JAAS)

2003-09-04 09:09:30 PM
jbuilder22
I am developing an intranet using the Stuts framework and implementing JAAS.
I have implemented much of the advice found on
www.darkwolf.ws/docs/java/JAAS.htm to configure JAAS into a Struts
application.
I just cannot figure out how to get the Permission object that represents
the URL that a user is trying to access.
Can anyone explain the following snippet.?
Permission perm = PermissionFactory.getInstance().getPermission(
pageReqested );
Also.
How can you create a Permission class that understands URL's? How would you
extend java.security.permission class to handle wild cards similar to the
java.io.FilePermission class.

Re:How do I get Permission? (Stuts and JAAS)

Hi,
I'm trying to get JBuilder 9 working with Struts 1.1 but I have some
problems.
What version of JB and Struts are you using?
thanks
D.
"Edward" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >ha scritto nel messaggio
I am developing an intranet using the Stuts framework and implementing
JAAS.

I have implemented much of the advice found on
www.darkwolf.ws/docs/java/JAAS.htm to configure JAAS into a Struts
application.

I just cannot figure out how to get the Permission object that represents
the URL that a user is trying to access.

Can anyone explain the following snippet.?

Permission perm = PermissionFactory.getInstance().getPermission(
pageReqested );

Also.

How can you create a Permission class that understands URL's? How would
you
extend java.security.permission class to handle wild cards similar to the
java.io.FilePermission class.

Re:How do I get Permission? (Stuts and JAAS)

I'm using JB9 with Stuts 1.1 with no problems.

news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>I am developing an intranet using the Stuts framework and implementing
JAAS.

>I have implemented much of the advice found on
>www.darkwolf.ws/docs/java/JAAS.htm to configure JAAS into a
Struts
>application.
>
>I just cannot figure out how to get the Permission object that
represents
>the URL that a user is trying to access.
>
>Can anyone explain the following snippet.?
>
>Permission perm = PermissionFactory.getInstance().getPermission(
>pageReqested );
>
>Also.
>
>How can you create a Permission class that understands URL's? How would
you
>extend java.security.permission class to handle wild cards similar to
the
>java.io.FilePermission class.

{smallsort}

Re:How do I get Permission? (Stuts and JAAS)

Hi Edward,
I am having exactly a similar problem. Have you been able to get any
solution?
Also if I extend permission class to make my own URLPermission then
just for access to URL's does it need to have any specific code. I
thought that the access for that particular URL is granted in the
policy file itself.
thanks,
Yash
"Edward" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message news:< XXXX@XXXXX.COM >...
I am developing an intranet using the Stuts framework and implementing JAAS.

I have implemented much of the advice found on
www.darkwolf.ws/docs/java/JAAS.htm to configure JAAS into a Struts
application.

I just cannot figure out how to get the Permission object that represents
the URL that a user is trying to access.

Can anyone explain the following snippet.?

Permission perm = PermissionFactory.getInstance().getPermission(
pageReqested );

Also.

How can you create a Permission class that understands URL's? How would you
extend java.security.permission class to handle wild cards similar to the
java.io.FilePermission class.

Re:How do I get Permission? (Stuts and JAAS)

Nope...still looking