Impossible to start web-application without internet connection

2004-06-24 05:07:19 PM
jbuilder16
Hi,
Ich just bought a Powerbook and want to be independent, so that it is possible to programm in trains, planes or else where.
But, when there is no internet connection, JBuilder X on OS X does not start the web-application.
The message said, that web.xml has problems to load a depending file (I think it is the dtd ...)
my Windows notebook has no problems, starting web-application when there is no internet connection.
any ideas?
thanks Frank

Re:Impossible to start web-application without internet connection

Frank Hossfeld wrote:
Ich just bought a Powerbook and want to be independent, so that it
is possible to programm in trains, planes or else where.

But, when there is no internet connection, JBuilder X on OS X does
not start the web-application.

The message said, that web.xml has problems to load a depending
file (I think it is the dtd ...)

my Windows notebook has no problems, starting web-application when
there is no internet connection.

any ideas?
Yes. As always, search the archives.
/etc/hosts
add 127.0.0.1 localhost
You'll need to edit as root. Run pico in terminal
% sudo pico /etc/hosts
etc.
--
Paul Furbacher (TeamB)
Save time, search the archives:

"Paul Furbacher [TeamB]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
Frank Hossfeld wrote:

>Ich just bought a Powerbook and want to be independent, so that it
>is possible to programm in trains, planes or else where.
>
>But, when there is no internet connection, JBuilder X on OS X does
>not start the web-application.
>
>The message said, that web.xml has problems to load a depending
>file (I think it is the dtd ...)
>
>my Windows notebook has no problems, starting web-application when
>there is no internet connection.
>
>any ideas?

Yes. As always, search the archives.

/etc/hosts

add 127.0.0.1 localhost

You'll need to edit as root. Run pico in terminal

% sudo pico /etc/hosts

etc.

--

Paul Furbacher (TeamB)

Save time, search the archives:

Is it in Joi Ellis's Faq-O-Matic?

Thank you.

{smallsort}

Frank Hossfeld wrote:

>Ich just bought a Powerbook and want to be independent, so that it
>is possible to programm in trains, planes or else where.
>
>But, when there is no internet connection, JBuilder X on OS X does
>not start the web-application.
>
>The message said, that web.xml has problems to load a depending
>file (I think it is the dtd ...)
>
>my Windows notebook has no problems, starting web-application when
>there is no internet connection.
>
>any ideas?

Yes. As always, search the archives.

/etc/hosts

add 127.0.0.1 localhost

You'll need to edit as root. Run pico in terminal

% sudo pico /etc/hosts

etc.

--

Paul Furbacher (TeamB)
Hi Paul,
This is correct and configurated in that way.
When I start the server and haven no internet connection, I 'll get the message, that the web.xml is not able to load a file. I think it is the web-app_2_3.dtd. I have changed the xml-settings in the option and add the URI with the local file.
That does not not work ...
any ideas?
Thanks Frank

Re:Impossible to start web-application without internet connection

problem solved!
I found the threat and did the chenges in the jbuilder.config and now it works ....
thanks