Problem with method setAttribute

2004-07-27 04:54:53 PM
jbuilder6
Hi,
I'm getting the following error message:
"controller.java": cannot resolve symbol: method setAttribute
(java.lang.Strong java.lang.String)in class
javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest at line 60, column 13
I have import javax.servlet.*; in my codes and I've included the Tomcat
4.1.30 library linking it to the servlet.jar.
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks in advance!

Re:Problem with method setAttribute

Ronnie Tay wrote:

I'm getting the following error message:

"controller.java": cannot resolve symbol: method setAttribute
(java.lang.Strong java.lang.String)in class
javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest at line 60, column 13

I have import javax.servlet.*; in my codes and I've included the Tomcat
4.1.30 library linking it to the servlet.jar.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!

java.lang.Strong? Or is that a typo?
--
Regards,
Lori Olson [TeamB]

Re:Problem with method setAttribute

Ooops sorry, it's a typo. It's String, not Strong :) Was typing down the
error message manually.
"Lori M Olson [TeamB]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Ronnie Tay wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I'm getting the following error message:
>
>"controller.java": cannot resolve symbol: method setAttribute
>(java.lang.Strong java.lang.String)in class
>javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest at line 60, column 13
>

>I have import javax.servlet.*; in my codes and I've included the Tomcat
>4.1.30 library linking it to the servlet.jar.
>
>What am I doing wrong?
>
>Thanks in advance!

java.lang.Strong? Or is that a typo?

--

Regards,

Lori Olson [TeamB]

------------

question.

Google Advanced Newsgroup Search
www.google.ca/advanced_group_search
Other Newsgroup Searches:
Joi Ellis's FAQ-O-Matic:

Re:Problem with method setAttribute

Hi,
I've tried to open sample projects provided with JBuilderX and I noticed
that samples with "import javax.servlet.*;" such as the Servlet.java in
httpproviderresolver sample doesn't work.
I'm getting the following error messages:
a.. "Servlet.java": package javax.servlet does not exist at line 26,
column 1
b.. "Servlet.java": package javax.servlet.http does not exist at line 27,
column 1
c.. "Servlet.java": cannot resolve symbol: class HttpServlet in class
com.borland.samples.dx.httpproviderresolver.Servlet at line 35, column 30
d.. "Servlet.java": cannot resolve symbol: class ServletException in class
com.borland.samples.dx.httpproviderresolver.Servlet at line 42, column 29
e.. "Servlet.java": cannot resolve symbol: class HttpServletRequest in
class com.borland.samples.dx.httpproviderresolver.Servlet at line 53, column
21
f.. "Servlet.java": cannot resolve symbol: class HttpServletResponse in
class com.borland.samples.dx.httpproviderresolver.Servlet at line 53, column
49
g.. "Servlet.java": cannot resolve symbol: class ServletException in class
com.borland.samples.dx.httpproviderresolver.Servlet at line 53, column 86
h.. "Servlet.java": cannot resolve symbol: class HttpServletRequest in
class com.borland.samples.dx.httpproviderresolver.Servlet at line 102,
column 22
i.. "Servlet.java": cannot resolve symbol: class HttpServletResponse in
class com.borland.samples.dx.httpproviderresolver.Servlet at line 102,
column 50
j.. "Servlet.java": cannot resolve symbol: class ServletException in class
com.borland.samples.dx.httpproviderresolver.Servlet at line 102, column 87
k.. "Servlet.java": cannot resolve symbol: class HttpServletRequest in
class com.borland.samples.dx.httpproviderresolver.Servlet at line 154,
column 21
l.. "Servlet.java": cannot resolve symbol: class HttpServletResponse in
class com.borland.samples.dx.httpproviderresolver.Servlet at line 154,
column 49
m.. "Servlet.java": cannot resolve symbol: class ServletException in class
com.borland.samples.dx.httpproviderresolver.Servlet at line 154, column 86
I assumed that there is something wrong with my JBuilder configuration. Any
help on this issue will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

news:410684e9$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 10:43:46 +0800, Ronnie Tay < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >
wrote:

I've tried to open sample projects provided with JBuilderX and I noticed
that samples with "import javax.servlet.*;" such as the Servlet.java in
httpproviderresolver sample doesn't work.
You need to configure a server for the project; open the project
properties, select "Server", and there select e.g. Tomcat 4.1. This causes
the necessary servlet libs to be added to the project.
The reason the example project doesn't have one set is that it cannot know
what servers will be present after the install.
--
Tor Iver Wilhelmsen
TeamB