"Snap to Grid" function?

2004-08-03 03:25:52 AM
jbuilder15
Is there a way to do a "snap to grid" like absolute layout in netbeans.
I looked at the XYLayout, but I can't figure out if it does a snap to
function.

Re:"Snap to Grid" function?

Matthew wrote:
Is there a way to do a "snap to grid" like absolute layout in netbeans.
I looked at the XYLayout, but I can't figure out if it does a snap to
function.
I recognize the function you are after, but I am unfamiliar with
Netbeans. Are you looking for something like a basic GridLayout?
--
Regards,
Lori Olson [TeamB]

Re:"Snap to Grid" function?

Lori M Olson [TeamB] wrote:
Matthew wrote:

>Is there a way to do a "snap to grid" like absolute layout in
>netbeans. I looked at the XYLayout, but I can't figure out if it does
>a snap to function.

I recognize the function you are after, but I am unfamiliar with
Netbeans. Are you looking for something like a basic GridLayout?

I am looking for something like null or xy layout, but move every five
pixels or something like that. If you look at visual basic they have a
snap to grid function. I want to be able to move a button and line it
up with another item with out having to look at anything.

{smallsort}

Re:"Snap to Grid" function?

Matthew,
Choose a null layout, multi-select items, right-click and choose the
"Align ..." option. That's not exactly a snap to grid option, but at the
least, your component(s) can be aligned with respect to another one.
-krish