JBuilder 8

2003-09-30 08:52:44 PM
jbuilder9
I can't create new project. I can't add or remove anything from an existing project. It was working OK before. I'll reinstall my
JBuilder 8. Is this known issue?

Re:JBuilder 8

Not a known issue, no. Try running JBuilder.exe (not JBuilderW.exe) from
the command-line and see if there are any exceptions in the background.
That might give you an idea of where the problem lies.
I've seen similar behaviour when a project file is corrupted. Try editing
user.properties in your user home (after making a backup) and remove all the
"history" entries so that JBuilder starts without opening any files.
--
Check out our latest white papers at
BladeNET Scores With Borland Enterprise Tools

Mike Shultz wrote:
I can't create new project. I can't add or remove anything from an existing project. It was working OK before. I'll reinstall my
JBuilder 8. Is this known issue?

I've run into something similar once when I took an open tool that I
used on JB7 and moved it to JB8. Something about it really fouled up
JB8 (it has a different OpenTools API). If you've recently added any
open tools try removing them...it might help.

{smallsort}

Re:JBuilder 8

I can't even uninstall it. I got java.lang.OutOfMemoryError. :(

Re:JBuilder 8

That one is at least a known problem. Go to
C:\JBuilder8\UninstallEnterprise and edit the file UninstallEnterprise.lax.
Change:
lax.nl.java.option.java.heap.size.max=134217728
to:
lax.nl.java.option.java.heap.size.max=268435456
Try the uninstall again.
--
Check out our latest white papers at
BladeNET Scores With Borland Enterprise Tools
Dolphin Data Development Ltd.
www.datadevelopment.com/
"Mike Shultz" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message

I can't even uninstall it. I got java.lang.OutOfMemoryError. :(

Re:JBuilder 8

Guys, I'm installing by first time the JBuilder 8. I try to run the "Hello
World" Sample application as the help said but when try to run appears the
following error: file java\lang\Object.class not found. What it is?. I
uncompress the src of jdk 1.4.1 in the path C:\JBuilder8\bin\java\lang and
now said "does not math directory"... What I can do? where have to be this
files?
Thanks
Gabriel
Gabriel Gonzalez
Telecomunicaciones GlobalSat, C.A.
Phone: Caracas Office (+58) (212) 761-9416
Phone: Maracaibo Office (+58) (261) 741-0045 / 743-0346 / 741-4832 /
717-2835
Fax: (+58) (261) 741-6857
email: XXXX@XXXXX.COM
www.globalsatmobility.net

Re:JBuilder 8

On 11/19/2003 at 10:23:42 AM, Gabriel Gonzalez wrote:
Guys, I'm installing by first time the JBuilder 8. I try to run the
"Hello World" Sample application as the help said but when try to run
appears the following error: file java\lang\Object.class not found.
This sounds a lot like error #750, but it talks about a *class* not
being found and not about a *file*. Would you post the exact text of
the error message, including the error number?
--
Regards,
John McGrath [TeamB]

Re:JBuilder 8

Hi John
The Errors Are:
"Application1.java": Error #: 750 : initialization error:
com.borland.compiler.symtab.LoadError: java.io.IOException: class not found:
class java.lang.Object
"Frame1.java": Error #: 750 : initialization error:
com.borland.compiler.symtab.LoadError: java.io.IOException: class not found:
class java.lang.Object
"Frame1_AboutBox.java": Error #: 750 : initialization error:

On 11/20/2003 at 8:18:48 AM, Gabriel Gonzalez wrote:
"Application1.java": Error #: 750 : initialization error:
com.borland.compiler.symtab.LoadError: java.io.IOException:
class not found:
Try searching on a search engine such as Google Groups. If you search
this newsgroup and the .compiler newsgroup for the string "750", you
should get plenty of hits.