JBuilder X forgets parameters in server runtime configuration

2004-06-29 11:19:13 PM
jbuilder5
We use BAS 4.5 in our JBuilder X project. I configured the server using the
menu Tools ->Configure Servers ..... There we copied the Generic AppServer
1.0 and configured it for BAS4.5.
If I create a runtime configuration for this server and set the parameters
"VM parameters" and "Server parameters" where I define the beans-jars which
should be used when the server starts than it's normally no problem to start
the server.
BUT
Sometimes I open the JBuilder X project and launch the server but there are
no beans inside. If I check the runtime configuration the parameters "VM
parameters" and "Server parameters" have been reset to the standard values
that I set in the Tools ->Configure Servers .. - dialog. If I open the
.jpx-file with an editor I already see the right parameters. It seems to be
that JBuilder X sometimes forgets its parameters in the runtime
configuration.

Re:JBuilder X forgets parameters in server runtime configuration

Reinhard wrote:
[...]

Most of the people who know things about the BES read the BES
newsgroups, not this one. You should repost this question in one of the
BES groups.
support.borland.com/newsgroups/bes.asp
--
Regards,
Lori Olson [TeamB]

Re:JBuilder X forgets parameters in server runtime configuration

Lori,
I'd agree, but I recommended that Reinhard post to the JBuilder newsgroups
because it looked like a JBuilder issue rather an AppServer related one.
Though the AppServer used is one from Borland (albeit an old version that
is unsupported by JBuilderX) - Reinhard is using the 'Generic' AppServer
configuration and it seems to be an issue in sync'ing Runtime configurations
with Generic AppServer configurations.
-krish

Krishnan Subramanian wrote:
Lori,

I'd agree, but I recommended that Reinhard post to the JBuilder newsgroups
because it looked like a JBuilder issue rather an AppServer related one.

Though the AppServer used is one from Borland (albeit an old version that
is unsupported by JBuilderX) - Reinhard is using the 'Generic' AppServer
configuration and it seems to be an issue in sync'ing Runtime configurations
with Generic AppServer configurations.

-krish

Well, in that case, these are the only suggestions I can make.
1. Make sure all the patches for JBX are installed
and if that doesn't work...
2. Upgrade to an app server that JBX supports.
or
3. Downgrade to a JBuilder version that supports BAS 4.5
or
4. Pay for a support incident with Borland, and ask them to look into
it/fix it
--
Regards,
Lori Olson [TeamB]