Why are some import line grey

2004-11-28 01:50:34 AM
jbuilder11
Hello,
I compiled and ran one of the Swing examples (TableDialogEditDemo). In the
import blcok, some of the lines are in a faint grey. For example, in the
following subset, the line for JDialog is fainter than the other lines:
import javax.swing.JComponent;
import javax.swing.JDialog;
import javax.swing.JFrame;
import javax.swing.JPanel;
What is the significance of the change in color?
Thanks,
Richard Ulrich

Re:Why are some import line grey

Richard wrote:
following subset, the line for JDialog is fainter than the other lines:
JBuilder shows the unused imports in faint grey. If you were to
"optimize imports", that import would disappear.
No harm in putting unused imports in your code, of course, except maybe
readability. And you disable the greying-out behavior from the Editor
preferences.

Shankar Unni wrote:
No harm in putting unused imports in your code, of course, except maybe
readability. And you disable the greying-out behavior from the Editor
preferences.
It affects compile speed, if you have a lot of classes with a lot of
unused imports.
--
Regards,
Lori Olson [TeamB]

"Lori M Olson [TeamB]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
It affects compile speed, if you have a lot of classes with a lot of
unused imports.
Hi Lori,
For someone used to working in C-Builder, the compile speed of JBuilder is
so lightning fast that it hardly seems worrying about! I suppose, though,
if I had thousands of files instead of under 100 I'd have a different
opinion.
Thanks,

Re:Why are some import line grey

RMIC can be very slow in big projects. Fortunately 1.5 makes rmic obsolete.
- Alexey.
news:41a91a64$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...