JTable in IDE

2003-07-18 09:20:45 AM
jbuilder13
I'm new to both Java and JB9 Personal. I want to write a small app that
will display data in a fixed tabular form (16 rows by 8 columns). I can
not for the life of me figure out how to go about setting up a table in
the IDE. I can put a table on the form in the designer, and then link
the table to a tablemodel, but what do I then do next to define rows,
columns, headers etc? Is all this done in code? I can't find anything
in the documentation (except the SDK stuff) and it doesn't appear that
JTables are addressed anywhere in any of the tutorials.
Any help/guidance appreciated.
rabbit

Re:JTable in IDE

On 7/17/2003 at 9:20:45 PM, Daniel wrote:
it doesn't appear that JTables are addressed anywhere in any of the
tutorials.
JTable is not a Borland class - it is one of the thousands of classes
provided by others that are included with the JBuilder distribution.
Borland could not possibly provide tutorials on how to use all of them,
and it would not make sense to do so. There are many good tutorials
available elsewhere.
For the JTable and for most of the core Java classes, a very good place
to look is "The Java Tutorial" on the Sun web site. You will find a
link to that and to many other tutorials here:
developer.java.sun.com/developer/onlineTraining/
--
Regards,
John McGrath [TeamB]