JBuilder 3.5 on Win2K

2004-08-30 02:29:25 AM
jbuilder14
When I try to start JBuilder 3.5 on Windows 2000 I get a read violation.
JBuilder 4 does boot and if I point the JDK in the JBuilder 3.5 jdk.config
to the JBuilder 4 JDK (still with me?) it doesn't boot either, but instead
it complaints about some opentools entries.
Anyone please?
Thanx,
Jenn

Re:JBuilder 3.5 on Win2K

It's not the operating system, it is the CPU that is causing the problem.
The Symantec JIT that Sun distributed with the JDK does not work with the
instruction set in newer model Pentium CPUs.
Just delete or rename the symcjit.dll in the JDK/jre/bin directory.
"Jennifer Ashley Kuiper" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
When I try to start JBuilder 3.5 on Windows 2000 I get a read violation.
JBuilder 4 does boot and if I point the JDK in the JBuilder 3.5 jdk.config
to the JBuilder 4 JDK (still with me?) it doesn't boot either, but instead
it complaints about some opentools entries.

Anyone please?

Thanx,
Jenn

Re:JBuilder 3.5 on Win2K

Just delete or rename the symcjit.dll in the JDK/jre/bin directory.

That worked. Thanks!

{smallsort}

Re:JBuilder 3.5 on Win2K

Jennifer Ashley Kuiper wrote:
>Just delete or rename the symcjit.dll in the JDK/jre/bin directory.

That worked. Thanks!
And you'd be *much* better off downloading the latest JBuilder X
Foundation distribution and using that, rather than use an ancient
version of JBuilder and an ancient JDK.
Oh, and if you would like to use JB3.5 anyway, you can download the
latest version of JRE 1.1.x from Sun, and use that instead of the
bundled JRE. You'll at least get the full JIT functionality back..

Re:JBuilder 3.5 on Win2K

And you'd be *much* better off downloading the latest JBuilder X
Foundation distribution and using that, rather than use an ancient
version of JBuilder and an ancient JDK.

I know, I know, but I'm a bit of a JBuilder nutcase. Currently (and only
currently) I have all versions running. Don't ask me why. Looking forward to
JBuilder 2005.
Bye
Jenn