install

2004-11-12 10:15:19 PM
jbuilder2
When I installed the trial version of JBuilder Developer, it installed OK, but when I try to run the program, it just displays the window for a very short time and then does nothing. I am sure it is a licensing problem, but I need to get it up and running today and will purchase it when I return home on Monday. Any ideas to get this up and running immediatly.

Re:install

Chris Mayer wrote:
Any ideas to get this up and running immediatly.
Try running it from a command prompt (ex.
C:/Borland/JBuilder2005/bin/jbuilder.exe) and see if it's printing out
any errors or exceptions. Also try running with the "-verbose" command
line option.
--
Gillmer J. Derge [TeamB]

Re:install

I'm getting the same error symptoms, and when I try to invoke JBuilder from
the command line I get the error
Any way to change the properties?
Cheers
Cam
"Gillmer J. Derge [TeamB]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Chris Mayer wrote:
>Any ideas to get this up and running immediatly.

Try running it from a command prompt (ex.
C:/Borland/JBuilder2005/bin/jbuilder.exe) and see if it's printing out any
errors or exceptions. Also try running with the "-verbose" command line
option.

--
Gillmer J. Derge [TeamB]

{smallsort}

Re:install

Cameron Roe wrote:
I'm getting the same error symptoms, and when I try to invoke JBuilder from
the command line I get the error

Any way to change the properties?

Cheers

Cam

How much memory do you have on your system? Does it meet the minimum
requirements for the JBuilder you are attempting to run?
The configuration parameters are located in <jbuilder>/bin/jdk.config
and <jbuilder>/bin/jbuilder.config.
--
Regards,
Lori Olson [TeamB]

Re:install

Hi Lori,
I have 1GB Ram. There is nothing else running when I attempt to do this. The
system information cut/paste is found below. I'm hoping it's enough to run
JBuilder. :)
Thanks in advance for your help.
Cam
OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name CAM
System Manufacturer To Be Filled By O.E.M.
System Model To Be Filled By O.E.M.
System Type X86-based PC
Processor x86 Family 15 Model 2 Stepping 9 GenuineIntel ~3006 Mhz
Processor x86 Family 15 Model 2 Stepping 9 GenuineIntel ~3006 Mhz
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 080009, 23/02/2004
SMBIOS Version 2.3
Windows Directory E:\WINNT
System Directory E:\WINNT\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.2180
(xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)"
User Name CAM\croe
Time Zone Mountain Standard Time
Total Physical Memory 1,024.00 MB
Available Physical Memory 485.13 MB
Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB
Page File Space 2.40 GB
Page File E:\pagefile.sys

Cameron Roe wrote:
I have 1GB Ram. There is nothing else running when I attempt to do this. The
system information cut/paste is found below. I'm hoping it's enough to run
JBuilder. :)
The launcher program has a bug that causes it to fail on systems with
1GB or more of memory. Edit <JBuilderHome>/bin/jbuilder.config and
change the line that reads:
vmmemmax 75%
so it no longer uses a percentage. Change it to something like "512m"
or "768m".
--
Gillmer J. Derge [TeamB]

Re:install

Thanks Gillmer -
The 768m setting won't work either but it just came up at the 512m setting.
Many thanks!!