JBuilder 2007 Install Tip - Turn off your Anti-Virus

2007-02-20 01:14:35 PM
jbuilder11
I just spent the weekend fighting with installing JBuilder 2007. When the
installer would say something would take 5 minutes - it took 90. And the
installation would usually end up failing. I figured out that in my case my
antivirus package (F-Prot) was the culprit. Excluding the JBuilder
installation directory from virus scanner fixed the problem.
If you're having slow installations or installations that are failing
outright, try turning off your AV software for a little while.
--
David Orriss Jr. [TeamB]
www.codethought.com