'Create EJB Client Jar' grayed out. Help!

2004-04-29 10:00:44 PM
jbuilder10
I am using JBuilder X Enterprise edition (update 3)
For some reasons, 'Create EJB Client Jar' grayed out. Earlier I could create the client jar file. But for some reason, I cannot do it from JBuilder X. I do not know what is wrong. Infact a previous test project, where I could do this, I am unable to do this there now.
Please help.
Thanks.
Peter.

Re:'Create EJB Client Jar' grayed out. Help!

I must have used Borland Enterprise Server 5.2 earlier, when I could make EJB Client Jars.
How can I do this with Weblogic set as server in JBuilder?

Peter Vennel wrote:
I must have used Borland Enterprise Server 5.2 earlier, when I could make EJB Client Jars.

How can I do this with Weblogic set as server in JBuilder?

Thanks.

Peter

Yes, but you need to set a server for your current project, else all the
EJB stuff is disabled (hence your problem).
Project | Project Properties. For JBX, click on "Server" in the
navigation tree. For pre-JBX, click on the Server tab. Select server.
--
Regards,
Lori Olson (TeamB)

Re:'Create EJB Client Jar' grayed out. Help!

On 30 Apr 2004 14:04:45 -0700, "Peter Vennel" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >
wrote:

I must have used Borland Enterprise Server 5.2 earlier, when I could make EJB Client Jars.

How can I do this with Weblogic set as server in JBuilder?

Thanks.

Peter

In addition to what Lori suggested be sure to configure JBuilder to
use WebLogic as a server. Select Tools | Configure Servers from the
main menu. You'll see the versions of WebLogic that your version of
JBuilder supports in the list.
Save yourself some time and check these sites:
Borland Newsgroup Search:
Joi Ellis's Faq-O-Matic:

Re:'Create EJB Client Jar' grayed out. Help!

Thanks Lori & David.
I have already done this. Infact I have also created Session beans and compiled and deployed it to Weblogic Server successfully.
But I cannot create EJB client jar file as that option is grayed out in 'Tools/Create EJB Client Jar' option.
I need to do this, because we have different WebServer(Tomcat) and AppServer(Weblogic). So in my Web Module, I need to only include the client EJB jar file.
p.s. I am using Weblogic Server 8.1 and JBuilder X (update #3).
Peter.

Re:'Create EJB Client Jar' grayed out. Help!

This option is applicable only for BES. You will have to create an EJB
client jar manually for all other servers.
This option is enabled only when the server vendor provides a GUI wizard to
create a client jar. Currently the only server that provides this is BES.
"Peter Vennel" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message

Thanks Lori & David.

I have already done this. Infact I have also created Session beans and
compiled and deployed it to Weblogic Server successfully.

But I cannot create EJB client jar file as that option is grayed out in
'Tools/Create EJB Client Jar' option.

I need to do this, because we have different WebServer(Tomcat) and
AppServer(Weblogic). So in my Web Module, I need to only include the client
EJB jar file.

p.s. I am using Weblogic Server 8.1 and JBuilder X (update #3).

Peter.

Re:'Create EJB Client Jar' grayed out. Help!

Thanks Lata.
I guess, I will have to research at BEA site for this now.
Peter

news:4098ed01$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

>Thanks Lori & David.
>
>I have already done this. Infact I have also created Session beans and
compiled and deployed it to Weblogic Server successfully.

>But I cannot create EJB client jar file as that option is grayed out in
'Tools/Create EJB Client Jar' option.

>I need to do this, because we have different WebServer(Tomcat) and
AppServer(Weblogic). So in my Web Module, I need to only include the client
EJB jar file.

>p.s. I am using Weblogic Server 8.1 and JBuilder X (update #3).
>

>Peter.

Re:'Create EJB Client Jar' grayed out. Help!

On Wed, 5 May 2004 11:20:27 -0700, "Lata Amujuri"
< XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
This option is applicable only for BES. You will have to create an EJB
client jar manually for all other servers.
Oh, of course! I always forget to look at the status bar at the
bottom of the screen. I have my current project server configured for
JBoss.. and if I select the Tools | Create Client EJB Jar I see the
message in the status bar:
"There is no client jar service available for the selected servers".
Thanks for jumping in, Lata....

Lata Amujuri wrote:
This option is applicable only for BES. You will have to create an EJB
client jar manually for all other servers.
This option is enabled only when the server vendor provides a GUI wizard to
create a client jar. Currently the only server that provides this is BES.

Thanks, Lata, and sorry Peter. I read the "EJB" part and the "grayed
out" part, and my brain just skipped right over the "Client Jar" part.
Creating a client jar for WebLogic was something of a nightmare for
versions 6.1 and 7. I haven't looked into it for v8 yet. I'll see what
I can find.
--
Regards,
Lori Olson (TeamB)
question.
Google Advanced Newsgroup Search
www.google.ca/advanced_group_search
Other Newsgroup Searches:
Joi Ellis's FAQ-O-Matic:

Re:'Create EJB Client Jar' grayed out. Help!

Thanks Lori. I found it. It is quite simple.
You will need to add this line in ejb-jar.xml
<ejb-client-jar>MYAppClientModule.jar</ejb-client-jar>
The just compile using the command
java weblogic.appc -basicClientJar MYAppModule.jar
This will create a client jar file MYAppClientModule.jar.
Thanks.
Peter

Peter Vennel wrote:
Thanks Lori. I found it. It is quite simple.

You will need to add this line in ejb-jar.xml

<ejb-client-jar>MYAppClientModule.jar</ejb-client-jar>

The just compile using the command

java weblogic.appc -basicClientJar MYAppModule.jar

This will create a client jar file MYAppClientModule.jar.

Thanks.

Peter
Awesome. Thanks for posting this solution!
--
Regards,
Lori Olson (TeamB)

Re:'Create EJB Client Jar' grayed out. Help!

Also, you can get JBuilder to do this for you. Right click the EJB module, go to Build, then Weblobic 7.x (8.x?). Be sure to click remove project output path from classpath, as this will cause errors (seen with Display all Output) that prevent client jar creation. If desired, the -basicClientJar option can be specified in this dialog as well.
JBuilder drops client jar this in your temp directory by default, btw.