How to transfer a BufferedImage with Java Jini?

2006-03-03 02:09:54 PM
jbuilder14
Hello all:
I would like to design a java application as follows:
1>The java application will call a DLL written in c++ to process an image
2>Then return the processed image back to the java application.
What is the good way to transfer the image using Java Jini?
Thank you

Re:How to transfer a BufferedImage with Java Jini?

Daniel Mark wrote:
I would like to design a java application as follows:

1>The java application will call a DLL written in c++ to process an image
2>Then return the processed image back to the java application.

What is the good way to transfer the image using Java Jini?
If the Java side and the C++ side can agree on the format (e.g. the image
will always be a GIF) then you can simply convert the image to an array of
bytes and pass it back and forth that way. If the format is variable, add
another parameter to the method indicating the format. For example:
public native byte[] processImage(byte[] image);
or
public native byte[] processImage(String format, byte[] image);
--
Kevin Dean [TeamB]
Dolphin Data Development Ltd.

Re:How to transfer a BufferedImage with Java Jini?

I should say Java JNI
Thank you
-Daniel
"Daniel Mark" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Hello all:

I would like to design a java application as follows:

1>The java application will call a DLL written in c++ to process an image
2>Then return the processed image back to the java application.

What is the good way to transfer the image using Java Jini?

Thank you

{smallsort}