How to set Windows XP Screen Resolution?

2006-01-17 11:55:42 PM
jbuilder3
Hello all:
I would like to create a java application which can help me set Windows XP
screen resolution as some value such as 1024 X 768.
Lots of topics in this forum are related to how to set screen resolution for
current application rather than XP system. Thus after quiting the running
application, the system screen resolution doesn't change at all.
I would like to set the XP screen resolution and after I quit the java
program, the screen resolution should still be the one I just set.
Thank you
-Daniel

Re:How to set Windows XP Screen Resolution?

Daniel Mark wrote:
I would like to create a java application which can help me set Windows XP
screen resolution as some value such as 1024 X 768.

Lots of topics in this forum are related to how to set screen resolution for
current application rather than XP system. Thus after quiting the running
application, the system screen resolution doesn't change at all.
Correct me if I am wrong, but none of the discussions
involve *setting* the operating system's screen resolution.
Rather, they involve *getting* the screen resolution, and making
adjusting something like a frame size and/or location (e.g.,
centered) to the current user setting.
I would like to set the XP screen resolution and after I quit the java
program, the screen resolution should still be the one I just set.
For operating system specific control like this, you
would have to write Windows native code (using Delphi,
C, C++ ...), put it in a DLL, and use JNI to access
that external module from within your Java code.
--
Paul Furbacher (TeamB)
Save time, search the archives:

Daniel Mark wrote:
Hello all:

I would like to create a java application which can help me set Windows XP
screen resolution as some value such as 1024 X 768.

Lots of topics in this forum are related to how to set screen resolution for
current application rather than XP system. Thus after quiting the running
application, the system screen resolution doesn't change at all.

I would like to set the XP screen resolution and after I quit the java
program, the screen resolution should still be the one I just set.

Thank you
-Daniel

Ditto for what Paul and Paul said. And, you might want to take a look
at the Java Desktop Integration Components (JDIC)
https://jdic.dev.java.net/
I'm quite sure that they don't have exactly what you are looking for,
but I would try to work within that framework, because that's exactly
the reason it was created.
--
Regards,
Lori Olson [TeamB]

Daniel Mark wrote:
Hello all:

I would like to create a java application which can help me set Windows XP
screen resolution as some value such as 1024 X 768.

Lots of topics in this forum are related to how to set screen resolution
for current application rather than XP system. Thus after quiting the
running application, the system screen resolution doesn't change at all.

I would like to set the XP screen resolution and after I quit the java
program, the screen resolution should still be the one I just set.

Thank you
-Daniel
You will be much better off trying to do this by calling the Windows System
API, which means native code, or JNI at least.