includes result in npe+

2005-06-10 04:45:47 AM
jbuilder18
Hello
I have a simple app and when I include in header.jsp the following:
<%@ page import="javax.jdo.PersistenceManager %>
<%@ page import="javax.servlet.*" %>
it causes an NPE and jasper compiling error in every file that includes
header.jsp. In header.jsp it only produces the jasper compiling error.
It is as rigorous as the statement. Remove the includes and it compiles
perfectly, include them and multiple errors. I am nonplused. Any
ideas? tia.

Re:includes result in npe+

cpanon wrote:
Hello
I have a simple app and when I include in header.jsp the following:
<%@ page import="javax.jdo.PersistenceManager %>
<%@ page import="javax.servlet.*" %>
it causes an NPE and jasper compiling error in every file that includes
header.jsp. In header.jsp it only produces the jasper compiling error.

It is as rigorous as the statement. Remove the includes and it compiles
perfectly, include them and multiple errors. I am nonplused. Any
ideas? tia.
Basic debugging. Narrow down the problem. Is ONE of these imports
causing the problem, or both individually, or both together? If you try
them individually, do you get the same problem? In both cases?
--
Regards,
Lori Olson [TeamB]

Re:includes result in npe+

Hi Lori
Thiank you for your response, however I have already done that and
inscrutably it fails when both lines are commented out with a multi-line
jsp style comment. When I comment out each individually the error are
almost identical. The difference is one more/less NPE on one and only
one jsp. When both comment and import lines are removed it compiles
just fine. It shold NEVER fail with the lines commented out,it makes
question the ide, but atleast this is obvious. I may just re-architect
it.
What/where (can I find) the latest release numbers and dn for jb05?
Lori M Olson [TeamB] wrote:
cpanon wrote:

>Hello
>I have a simple app and when I include in header.jsp the following:
><%@ page import="javax.jdo.PersistenceManager %>
><%@ page import="javax.servlet.*" %>
>it causes an NPE and jasper compiling error in every file that
>includes header.jsp. In header.jsp it only produces the jasper
>compiling error.
>
>It is as rigorous as the statement. Remove the includes and it
>compiles perfectly, include them and multiple errors. I am
>nonplused. Any ideas? tia.

Basic debugging. Narrow down the problem. Is ONE of these imports
causing the problem, or both individually, or both together? If you try
them individually, do you get the same problem? In both cases?

{smallsort}

Re:includes result in npe+

cpanon wrote:
Hi Lori
Thiank you for your response, however I have already done that and
inscrutably it fails when both lines are commented out with a multi-line
jsp style comment. When I comment out each individually the error are
almost identical. The difference is one more/less NPE on one and only
one jsp. When both comment and import lines are removed it compiles
just fine. It shold NEVER fail with the lines commented out,it makes
question the ide, but atleast this is obvious. I may just re-architect it.

What/where (can I find) the latest release numbers and dn for jb05?
Help | About JBuilder.
The most recent version is Update 4.
www.borland.com/downloads/registered/download_jbuilder.html
--
Regards,
Lori Olson [TeamB]

cpanon wrote:
<%@ page import="javax.jdo.PersistenceManager %>
You're missing a quote on this line. You need a " after PersistenceManager.
--
Gillmer J. Derge [TeamB]