Newbie - Adding a driver to Jbuilder 9 PERSONAL

2003-11-23 07:47:11 AM
jbuilder5
Hi there,
Sorry, this question has probably been asked 100 times!!
I am using JBuilder 9 Personal. I have no DB Pilot.
I am trying to add a mysql driver to an application that I will
be deploying elsewhere. I have got the driver and have defined
it under;
Tools->Configure Libraries..
However when I try to add a DataExpress Database connection,
the driver does not appear in the Driver list, its not even a red one!
I have several already in there - most of which are red, 2 are black.
Im beginning to pull my hair out. I will need to deploy all of this,
and so include the JDBC classes in my deployment.
Any help would be great,
Cheers,
Simon J

Re:Newbie - Adding a driver to Jbuilder 9 PERSONAL

Simon Johnson wrote:
Hi there,

Sorry, this question has probably been asked 100 times!!
I am using JBuilder 9 Personal. I have no DB Pilot.
I am trying to add a mysql driver to an application that I will
be deploying elsewhere. I have got the driver and have defined
it under;

Tools->Configure Libraries..

However when I try to add a DataExpress Database connection,
the driver does not appear in the Driver list, its not even a red one!

I have several already in there - most of which are red, 2 are black.

Im beginning to pull my hair out. I will need to deploy all of this,
and so include the JDBC classes in my deployment.

Any help would be great,

Cheers,

Simon J

Basically, you should be able to use an "addpath" for the MySQL jar(s)
required in an appropriate place, so that Jbuilder can find them.
Try in the <jbuilder>\bin\jbuilder.config file.
--
Regards,
Lori Olson (TeamB)

Re:Newbie - Adding a driver to Jbuilder 9 PERSONAL

project ->project properties ->Required libraries ->add your driver
close and reload jbuilder
Tools->Configure Libraries..

However when I try to add a DataExpress Database connection,
the driver does not appear in the Driver list, its not even a red one!

I have several already in there - most of which are red, 2 are black.

Im beginning to pull my hair out. I will need to deploy all of this,
and so include the JDBC classes in my deployment.

Any help would be great,

Cheers,

Simon J

{smallsort}

Re:Newbie - Adding a driver to Jbuilder 9 PERSONAL

I seem to recall posting the definitive fix to this
(and it does include using a text editor on a config file -
which is pretty crook for an IDE)
Now I am stuck with a bunch of errors when I try to deploy:
The IDE (finally) can find all the requred libraries,
but the deploy "Wizard" is chronic,
ccouldnt deploy a piss-up in a brewery.
So I added all these by hand to My.jar
\JBuilder9\lib\mysql-connector-java-3.0.8-stable-bin.jar
\SkinLF\skinlf-1.2.4\lib\skinlf.jar
\SkinLF\skinlf-1.2.4\lib\aquathemepack.zip
\SkinLF\skinlf-1.2.4\lib\nativeskin.jar
\JBuilder9\lib\dx.jar; [this baby doesnt seem to exist]
\JBuilder9\lib\beandt.jar
\JBuilder9\lib\dbswing.jar
\JBuilder9\lib\jbcl.jar
Still get this error (amongst heaps of others...)
at my.Application1.main(Application1.java:68)
Frame1 init exceptioncom.borland.dx.dataset.DataSetException: The
driver: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver could not be loaded. This could be a
problem with the driver itself, or that the driver is not found on the
classpath.
See com.borland.dx.dataset.DataSetException error code: BASE+83
com.borland.dx.dataset.DataSetException: The driver:
com.mysql.jdbc.Driver could
not be loaded. This could be a problem with the driver itself, or
that the driver is not found on the classpath.
at com.borland.dx.dataset.DataSetException.a(Unknown Source)
at com.borland.dx.dataset.DataSetException.driverNotLoadedAtRuntime(Unknown
Source)
at com.borland.dx.sql.dataset.Database.addDriver(Unknown
Source)
note my calsspath isCLASSPATH=C:\JBuilder9\lib\ext\xlrd.jar;C:\JBuilder9\lib\ext\mysql-connector-java-3.0.8-stable-bin.jar;C:\j2sdk1.4.1_02\lib;
Hard to see how I can tell teh blinkin machine any more than that...
So Java a la Borland is a Non-Deployable Bunny,
Pass me that Energiser Microsoft bunny please...

Re:Newbie - Adding a driver to Jbuilder 9 PERSONAL

Good News!
I wrote a new application from scratch
with jdbc:odbc
showing just one column
and JB9 Personal Deploy works...
the jar produced wakes javax
(In w98 I changed "Executable jar associatoion to
\JBuilder9\jdk1.4\bin\javaw.exe
just to keep it all in the family)
So my troubles are NOT with JB9 Personal itself
but with jdbc
OR some combination of jdbc and some aother "Features" (skins?..)
Good to know JB9 is not crippled
(at least not with jdbc:odbc)
now to try "simple" application with jdbc...