can jbuider read a chinese database name?

2004-08-27 11:49:59 AM
jbuilder18
hi all
i try to use database pilot to access a ms sql server
but cant get it work
the error seems to be a bad database name
the db i use is using chinese name
does anyone know how to solve it?

Re:can jbuider read a chinese database name?

mohawk wrote:
hi all
i try to use database pilot to access a ms sql server
but cant get it work
the error seems to be a bad database name
the db i use is using chinese name
does anyone know how to solve it?

Which database driver are you using? JDBC-ODBC bridge driver? The
Microsoft SQL Server JDBC driver? SourceForge jTDS? Something else?
Whichever one you are using, you should try one of the others, because
one of them may work.
--
Regards,
Lori Olson [TeamB]

Re:can jbuider read a chinese database name?

hi, Lori
i was using SourceForge jTDS
now i use Microsoft SQL Server JDBC driver
and the problem is gone
thanx .
"Lori M Olson [TeamB]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >???

mohawk wrote:
hi, Lori
i was using SourceForge jTDS
now i use Microsoft SQL Server JDBC driver
and the problem is gone
thanx .
Please report the problem to the jTDS developers on SourceForge. They
are pretty responsive. I have recently completed an evaluation of these
drivers, and jTDS is really the best driver.
--
Regards,
Lori Olson [TeamB]

Re:can jbuider read a chinese database name?

hi Lori
the jtds i used was jTDS-0.8,
i found out that jTDS-0.9-rc2 has been released
and it can work with chinese name database.

mohawk wrote:
hi Lori

the jtds i used was jTDS-0.8,
i found out that jTDS-0.9-rc2 has been released
and it can work with chinese name database.

Excellent. Thanks for posting back!
--
Regards,
Lori Olson [TeamB]