About Interbase

2004-06-24 04:27:53 AM
jbuilder22
Hello.
Suddenly, somehow sometimes I get the following error when I try to log on a
database with IBConsole. Using W2K, Interbase 7, Version 1.1.0.11.
Error logging into the requested server.
Detail message:
Cannot attach to password database.
It is fixed everytime I reset my computer. Is there any way I can recover
from that without shutting down the pc?
Thanks,
Mynor Paredes.

Re:About Interbase

Mynor Paredes wrote:
Hello.

Suddenly, somehow sometimes I get the following error when I try to log on a
database with IBConsole. Using W2K, Interbase 7, Version 1.1.0.11.

Error logging into the requested server.
Detail message:
Cannot attach to password database.

It is fixed everytime I reset my computer. Is there any way I can recover
from that without shutting down the pc?
Thanks,

Mynor Paredes.

Stop/Restart the IB service(s)?
--
Regards,
Lori Olson [TeamB]

Re:About Interbase

I'll try it next time. I'll LYK.
Rgds,
Mynor Paredes.

In <40d9e7c7$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM >Mynor Paredes wrote:
Hello.

Suddenly, somehow sometimes I get the following error when I try to
log on a database with IBConsole. Using W2K, Interbase 7, Version 1.1.
0.11.

Error logging into the requested server.
Detail message:
Cannot attach to password database.
My experience is that this was because the password database was
either corrupt or missing.. I would advise that you repost this in the
correct forum, Interbase and get all the correct steps to permanently
fix this.. I also recommend that you search the archives of that forum
FIRST.. since I am sure that it has been asked a million times already.. (
I know I had this problem some time ago and I found the answer there
during a search.. there was whole threads on the topic..)
BTW a quick Google on " Interbase "Cannot attach to password database" "
yielded about 302 hits... So I was exaggerating a bit...(not a million..
<G>)
John...
TeamB are volunteer helpers. Please DO NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL!
Post all questions and replies to this newsgroup ONLY
For papers on DataExpress, Applets, JSP, and Web Development go to:
www.microps.com/mps/papers.html