IGNOR PREVIOUS MESSAGE - sorry

2004-04-03 12:53:10 AM
jbuilder20
I found a solution (a bug actually) so please ignor my query.
sorry.
SeB.

Re:IGNOR PREVIOUS MESSAGE - sorry

SeB.fr wrote:
I found a solution (a bug actually) so please ignor my query.
I'm curious.
Since you were dealing with a property map,
were you trying to add entries to the map,
only to find that they didn't stick? And
was the solution one which involved resetting
the modified map back into the runner object?
If so, this would suggest that the getPropertyMap()
is returning a copy to prevent clients from
tinkering with it. I seem to remember confronting
this phenomenon in the past.
--
Paul Furbacher (TeamB)
Save time, search the archives:

Re:IGNOR PREVIOUS MESSAGE - sorry

I Paul,
That was a mistake of mine where I have reverse the code for storing properties with the code for reading them.
I was storing them in the readProperties of my PropertyPage instead of doing so in the writeProperties.
Actually I am really fed up with the inconsistant javadoc that I had to decompile jbuider byte code to understand how it works.
SeB.
The problem is that there ais merely not documentation so I had
"Paul Furbacher [TeamB]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
SeB.fr wrote:

>I found a solution (a bug actually) so please ignor my query.

I'm curious.

Since you were dealing with a property map,
were you trying to add entries to the map,
only to find that they didn't stick? And
was the solution one which involved resetting
the modified map back into the runner object?
If so, this would suggest that the getPropertyMap()
is returning a copy to prevent clients from
tinkering with it. I seem to remember confronting
this phenomenon in the past.

--

Paul Furbacher (TeamB)

Save time, search the archives: