Jbuilder 2005 and resin

2005-05-02 08:26:35 PM
jbuilder1
Has anyone sucessfully integrated Resin into Jbuilder 2005. I have tried some of the tools from Caucho but with no sucess.
Thanks
Roger

Re:Jbuilder 2005 and resin

Roger wrote:
Has anyone sucessfully integrated Resin into Jbuilder 2005. I have
tried some of the tools from Caucho but with no sucess.
Someone appears to have done it for JBuilder X. That may
or may not apply to JBuilder 2005.
Search www.tamaracka.com using keywords, including punctuation
^jbuilder resin
Sort the result list by date. See the response
by Alan Biggs, which is about the fourth response
in the date-sorted list.
--
Paul Furbacher (TeamB)
Save time, search the archives:

Re:Jbuilder 2005 and resin

Following your advice, I got the server configured, but it gives an error of initialization at startup. I opened the jar file and found some methods which don't exist in 2005
com.borland.jbuilder.web.DeploymentDescriptorSupport
is one sample of them.
Is there a place where I can find what replaced what and where it is?
Thanks
Roger
"Paul Furbacher [TeamB]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
Roger wrote:

>Has anyone sucessfully integrated Resin into Jbuilder 2005. I have
>tried some of the tools from Caucho but with no sucess.

Someone appears to have done it for JBuilder X. That may
or may not apply to JBuilder 2005.

Search www.tamaracka.com using keywords, including punctuation

^jbuilder resin

Sort the result list by date. See the response
by Alan Biggs, which is about the fourth response
in the date-sorted list.

--

Paul Furbacher (TeamB)

Save time, search the archives:

Is it in Joi Ellis's Faq-O-Matic?

Thank you.

{smallsort}

Re:Jbuilder 2005 and resin

Roger wrote:
Following your advice, I got the server configured, but it gives an
error of initialization at startup. I opened the jar file and
found some methods which don't exist in 2005

com.borland.jbuilder.web.DeploymentDescriptorSupport

is one sample of them.

Is there a place where I can find what replaced what and where it
is?
Which JAR are you referring to? If it's something
the Resin folks created for an earlier version of
JBuilder, I can see why it wouldn't work: the entire
approach to handling Web apps (as modules) changed
with JBuilder X, to make it much easier to accommodate
many more notions of what a module is.
If it's a JAR from JBuilder 2005's lib folder,
I'm not sure what to say.
Let us know which JAR you are referring to.
(Actually, this thread really belongs in the servlets-jsp
newsgroup.)
--
Paul Furbacher (TeamB)
Save time, search the archives:
Is it in Joi Ellis's Faq-O-Matic?
Thank you.

Re:Jbuilder 2005 and resin

I was interested in modifying the resin opentool to jbuilder2005. The old version references the jbuilder.jar file in the jbuilder package as the source is packaged with them. There are only about 5 classes, but my knowledge is not strong enough to attempt this at this point. I am going to leave it alone for now and use the tomcat for development and resin for release. I may attempt it at a later time.

Roger wrote:
I was interested in modifying the resin opentool to jbuilder2005.
The old version references the jbuilder.jar file in the jbuilder
package as the source is packaged with them. There are only about
5 classes, but my knowledge is not strong enough to attempt this at
this point.
Okay, I'd suggest that since that OT was written for a much
earlier version of JBuilder, and so much has changed with
modules since then, I wouldn't go there.
I am going to leave it alone for now and use the
tomcat for development and resin for release. I may attempt it at
a later time.
You don't indicate whether you attempted to follow
the advice of configuring the "Generic AppServer"
in Enterprise>Configure Servers. I think the
discussion that I referred to was discussing that
not the OT for Resin.
--
Paul Furbacher (TeamB)
Save time, search the archives:
Is it in Joi Ellis's Faq-O-Matic?
Thank you.

Re:Jbuilder 2005 and resin

I tried to configure the generic server, but ran into problems getting jbuilder to run the startup command. I decided that I will develop my java and JSP's in JBuilder and run resin with an external web browser. Once I have a little more experience with 2005 I will look into more functionality.
Thanks