activation of jbuilder X on osx 10.3.2 (java 1.4.2)

2004-02-12 10:02:51 PM
jbuilder4
I saved a downloaded activation file in my home directory. when launching jbuilder the product registration asks me whether I have a serial number or want to use an activation file ... I choose activation file, indicate where the file can be found, but it always returns me to the registration wizard choice screen
can anyone help me ? thanks in advance ?

Re:activation of jbuilder X on osx 10.3.2 (java 1.4.2)

stefan wrote:
I saved a downloaded activation file in my home directory. when
launching jbuilder the product registration asks me whether I have a
serial number or want to use an activation file ... I choose
activation file, indicate where the file can be found, but it always
returns me to the registration wizard choice screen

can anyone help me ? thanks in advance ?
That's odd. If you open Console.app (in
/Applications/Utilities) and then launch
JBuilder X (Foundation?), do you see any
exceptions being thrown when you go through
the registration process?
Perhaps the regXX.txt file is corrupt?
Maybe the line endings were changed, or
something? (Just fishing here.)
Open it in something like BBEdit, and
see if it ends with
-----END BLOCK-----

Additional JBuilder information:
www.borland.com/jbuilder/

(Note that I pasted the text as a quote so that
you could see that there are extra lines at the
end. I doubt that those are important, but for
completeness, I wanted to show that they exist.)
Does the file look odd? (Again, I'm just fishing
here. Sometimes, downloading and saving can cause
problems.)
--
Paul Furbacher (TeamB)
Save time, search the archives:

Re:activation of jbuilder X on osx 10.3.2 (java 1.4.2)

file ends with
-----END BLOCK-----
console output =
===== Thu Feb 12 2004 ===== 15:58:19 Europe/Brussels =====
Can not get locale
JBuilder X Developer (Unregistered)
Copyright (c) 1996-2003 Borland Software Corporation. All rights reserved.
License expires in 7 days
Paul Furbacher < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
stefan wrote:

>I saved a downloaded activation file in my home directory. when
launching jbuilder the product registration asks me whether I have a
serial number or want to use an activation file ... I choose
activation file, indicate where the file can be found, but it always
returns me to the registration wizard choice screen

>can anyone help me ? thanks in advance ?

That's odd. If you open Console.app (in
/Applications/Utilities) and then launch
JBuilder X (Foundation?), do you see any
exceptions being thrown when you go through
the registration process?

Perhaps the regXX.txt file is corrupt?
Maybe the line endings were changed, or
something? (Just fishing here.)

Open it in something like BBEdit, and
see if it ends with

>-----END BLOCK-----
>
>Additional JBuilder information:
>www.borland.com/jbuilder/

(Note that I pasted the text as a quote so that
you could see that there are extra lines at the
end. I doubt that those are important, but for
completeness, I wanted to show that they exist.)

Does the file look odd? (Again, I'm just fishing
here. Sometimes, downloading and saving can cause
problems.)

--

Paul Furbacher (TeamB)

Save time, search the archives:

Is it in Joi Ellis's Faq-O-Matic?

Thank you.

{smallsort}

Re:activation of jbuilder X on osx 10.3.2 (java 1.4.2)

I am having the exact same problem. Not only do I always return to the
registration wizard choice screen, on start up the message indicates
that there is only 7 days left in the trial.
Were you able to figure out this problem?
Travis