No html and helpfiles in jbX and OSX german version

2004-04-02 01:01:47 AM
jbuilder18
Hi,
I installed the trial version of jbX developer on a German OSX 10.2.8.
All is working fine, except the html and help view. In the html view the
program loads a while and it shows an empty window. In the help view it
opens an empty window. The helpfiles are installed. A jb6 version runs
without problems.
Any idea?
Thanks for any answer.
Wolfgang Vogel
The log file shows this error:
java.lang.NullPointerException
at
sun.java2d.SunGraphicsEnvironment.getAvailableFontFamilyNames(SunGraphicsEnvironment.java:327)
at
sun.java2d.SunGraphicsEnvironment.getAvailableFontFamilyNames(SunGraphicsEnvironment.java:359)
at apple.awt.CToolkit.getFontList(CToolkit.java:1105)
at ice.pilots.html4.z.d(Unknown Source)
at ice.pilots.html4.z.c(Unknown Source)
at ice.pilots.html4.z.a(Unknown Source)
at ice.pilots.html4.nb.a(Unknown Source)
at ice.pilots.html4.CSSBuilder.declaration(Unknown Source)
at ice.pilots.html4.pb.c(Unknown Source)
at ice.pilots.html4.pb.parse(Unknown Source)
at ice.pilots.html4.CSSBuilder.build(Unknown Source)
at ice.pilots.html4.mb.b(Unknown Source)
at ice.pilots.html4.mb.a(Unknown Source)
at ice.pilots.html4.lb.a(Unknown Source)
at ice.pilots.html4.lb.<init>(Unknown Source)
at ice.pilots.html4.ThePilot.a(Unknown Source)
at ice.pilots.html4.ThePilot.init(Unknown Source)
at ice.storm.StormBase.a(Unknown Source)
at ice.storm.StormBase.clearContent(Unknown Source)
at com.borland.primetime.help.viewer.HtmlBrowser.initBrowser(Unknown
Source)
at com.borland.jbuilder.viewer.HTMLViewerComponent.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.borland.jbuilder.viewer.HTMLViewerComponent.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.borland.jbuilder.viewer.HTMLViewerComponent.<init>(Unknown Source)
at
com.borland.jbuilder.viewer.HTMLNodeViewer.createViewerComponent(Unknown
Source)
at
com.borland.primetime.viewer.AbstractNodeViewer.getViewerComponent(Unknown
Source)
at com.borland.primetime.ide.ContentView.a(Unknown Source)
at com.borland.primetime.ide.ContentView.a(Unknown Source)
at com.borland.primetime.ide.lh.setSelectedIndex(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JTabbedPane.setSelectedIndexImpl(JTabbedPane.java:468)
at javax.swing.JTabbedPane.setSelectedIndex(JTabbedPane.java:461)
at com.borland.primetime.ide.mh.setSelectedIndex(Unknown Source)
at com.borland.primetime.ide.ContentView.a(Unknown Source)
at com.borland.primetime.ide.ContentManager.a(Unknown Source)
at com.borland.primetime.ide.hl.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:178)
at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:230)
at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:183)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:177)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:169)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:99)

Re:No html and helpfiles in jbX and OSX german version

Wolfgang Vogel wrote:
I installed the trial version of jbX developer on a German OSX 10.2.8.
All is working fine, except the html and help view. In the html view the
program loads a while and it shows an empty window. In the help view it
opens an empty window. The helpfiles are installed. A jb6 version runs
without problems.
The docs and samples are separate downloads.
if you forgot to do so earlier.
--
Paul Furbacher (TeamB)
Save time, search the archives:

Paul Furbacher [TeamB] wrote:
Wolfgang Vogel wrote:

>I installed the trial version of jbX developer on a German OSX 10.2.8.
>All is working fine, except the html and help view. In the html view
>the program loads a while and it shows an empty window. In the help
>view it opens an empty window. The helpfiles are installed. A jb6
>version runs without problems.

The docs and samples are separate downloads.
if you forgot to do so earlier.

Hi Paul,
the docs are downloaded and installed, of course. Thats not the problem
I think.
Regards
Wolfgang Vogel

{smallsort}

Wolfgang Vogel wrote:
the docs are downloaded and installed,
of course. Thats not the problem
I think.
Hmmm, this is strange. In your "JBuilder.framework/doc"
folder, do you have something like 41 or 42 items? (Mine
says 42 but that may be including the .DS_Store item -- I
have "show hidden files" turned on in the Finder.)
Also, in the "JBuilder.framework/lib" folder, do
you see a "help.jar"? (Most likely, but just going
on a fishing expedition here.)
If you add the line
addparam -verbose
to the jbuilder.config file in the JBuilderX/bin
folder, and then restart JBuilder X, do you see
any exceptions being thrown in Console.app's
window? (To edit the config file, you may need
to change permissions via the Terminal.)
--

Paul Furbacher [TeamB] wrote:
Hmmm, this is strange. In your "JBuilder.framework/doc"
folder, do you have something like 41 or 42 items? (Mine
says 42 but that may be including the .DS_Store item -- I
have "show hidden files" turned on in the Finder.)
There are 43 items in the Folder.
Also, in the "JBuilder.framework/lib" folder, do
you see a "help.jar"? (Most likely, but just going
on a fishing expedition here.)
help.jar is there.
If you add the line

addparam -verbose

to the jbuilder.config file in the JBuilderX/bin
folder, and then restart JBuilder X, do you see
any exceptions being thrown in Console.app's
window? (To edit the config file, you may need
to change permissions via the Terminal.)
I get the following message:
Mac OS X Version 10.2.8 (Build 6R73)
Can not get locale
JBuilder X Foundation
Copyright (c) 1996-2003 Borland Software Corporation. All rights reserved.
com.apple.macos.useScreenMenuBar has been deprecated. Please switch to
apple.laf.useScreenMenuBar
java.net.UnknownHostException: basename
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:153)
at sun.net.NetworkClient.doConnect(NetworkClient.java:139)
at sun.net.NetworkClient.openServer(NetworkClient.java:118)
at sun.net.ftp.FtpClient.openServer(FtpClient.java:423)
at sun.net.ftp.FtpClient.<init>(FtpClient.java:687)
at
sun.net.www.protocol.ftp.FtpURLConnection.connect(FtpURLConnection.java:175)
at
sun.net.www.protocol.ftp.FtpURLConnection.getInputStream(FtpURLConnection.java:257)
at java.net.URL.openStream(URL.java:960)
at org.apache.xml.resolver.Catalog.parseCatalogFile(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xml.resolver.Catalog.parsePendingCatalogs(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xml.resolver.Catalog.parseCatalog(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xml.resolver.Catalog.loadSystemCatalogs(Unknown Source)
at
org.apache.xml.resolver.tools.CatalogResolver.initializeCatalogs(Unknown
Source)
at org.apache.xml.resolver.tools.CatalogResolver.<init>(Unknown Source)
at
com.borland.primetime.util.xmlcatalog.CatalogNamespaceResolver.<init>(Unknown
Source)
at com.borland.primetime.util.XmlCatalogUtil.getResolver(Unknown Source)
at com.borland.primetime.util.XmlJaxpUtil.getDocumentOptimized(Unknown
Source)
at com.borland.primetime.util.XmlJaxpUtil.getDocumentOptimized(Unknown
Source)
at com.borland.primetime.util.XmlJaxpUtil.getDocumentOptimized(Unknown
Source)
at com.borland.jbuilder.paths.XmlLibraryStorage.getDocument(Unknown Source)
at com.borland.jbuilder.paths.PathSetFactoryManager.loadPathSet(Unknown
Source)
at com.borland.jbuilder.paths.PathSetCollection.g(Unknown Source)
at com.borland.jbuilder.paths.PathSetManager.add(Unknown Source)
at com.borland.jbuilder.paths.PathSetManager.<clinit>(Unknown Source)
at com.borland.jbuilder.paths.ProjectPathSet.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.borland.jbuilder.node.JBProject.<init>(Unknown Source)
at
at
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:274)
at com.borland.primetime.node.Project.c(Unknown Source)
at com.borland.primetime.node.Project.getProject(Unknown Source)
at com.borland.primetime.ide.Browser.getDefaultProject(Unknown Source)
at com.borland.primetime.ide.Browser.getDefaultProject(Unknown Source)
at com.borland.primetime.ide.Browser.k(Unknown Source)
at com.borland.primetime.ide.Browser.i(Unknown Source)
at com.borland.primetime.ide.Browser.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.borland.jbuilder.u.run(Unknown Source)

Paul Furbacher [TeamB] wrote:

>If you add the line
>
>addparam -verbose
>
>to the jbuilder.config file in the JBuilderX/bin
>folder, and then restart JBuilder X, do you see
>any exceptions being thrown in Console.app's
>window? (To edit the config file, you may need
>to change permissions via the Terminal.)
I searched the log-file, after calling the help and found the following:
java.lang.NullPointerException
at
sun.java2d.SunGraphicsEnvironment.getAvailableFontFamilyNames(SunGraphicsEnvironment.java:327)
at
sun.java2d.SunGraphicsEnvironment.getAvailableFontFamilyNames(SunGraphicsEnvironment.java:359)
at apple.awt.CToolkit.getFontList(CToolkit.java:1105)
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.borland.primetime.help.viewer.ViewerFrame.p(Unknown Source)
at com.borland.primetime.help.viewer.ViewerFrame.g(Unknown Source)
I installed the javaupdate 1.4.1 again but no chnage.
Any idea?
Wolfgang Vogel

Wolfgang Vogel wrote:
Paul Furbacher [TeamB] wrote:

>Hmmm, this is strange. In your "JBuilder.framework/doc"
>folder, do you have something like 41 or 42 items? (Mine
>says 42 but that may be including the .DS_Store item -- I
>have "show hidden files" turned on in the Finder.)

There are 43 items in the Folder.

>Also, in the "JBuilder.framework/lib" folder, do
>you see a "help.jar"? (Most likely, but just going
>on a fishing expedition here.)

help.jar is there.

>If you add the line
>
>addparam -verbose
>
>to the jbuilder.config file in the JBuilderX/bin
>folder, and then restart JBuilder X, do you see
>any exceptions being thrown in Console.app's
>window? (To edit the config file, you may need
>to change permissions via the Terminal.)

I get the following message:

Mac OS X Version 10.2.8 (Build 6R73)
Can not get locale
I think everyone sees this. I don't think
it affects anything.
[...]
com.apple.macos.useScreenMenuBar has been deprecated. Please switch to
apple.laf.useScreenMenuBar
Edit the jdk.config file as suggested
in the error message:
#vmparam -Dcom.apple.macos.useScreenMenuBar=true
vmparam -Dapple.laf.useScreenMenuBar=true
java.net.UnknownHostException: basename
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:153)
[...]
Interesting, you are seeing this "basename" problem,
too. Unfortunately, it's not related to your Help
browser problem. Instead, you will find that
XML TagInsight doesn't work. Thus far, I have
not been able to resolve this problem -- it
does not appear to affect everyone.
(I see that you quickly followed up your own message with
more info. I'll respond to that in a separate message.)
--

Paul Furbacher [TeamB] wrote:
>com.apple.macos.useScreenMenuBar has been deprecated. Please switch to
>apple.laf.useScreenMenuBar

Edit the jdk.config file as suggested
in the error message:

#vmparam -Dcom.apple.macos.useScreenMenuBar=true
vmparam -Dapple.laf.useScreenMenuBar=true
Hi Paul,
thank you for that hint, it works. Normaly I would set this in
tools->preferences->look&feel, but there I see an empty window!
About the help problem: I googled a little around and found, that this
might be a known bug in apples java 1.4.1 and 1.4.2 (apple report
3121780). If an (AWT) object is looking for the available fonts and
there are corupted fonts (or only bitmap fonts) it is throwing an
exception and the viewer doesnt work. But this should not be only a
problem of the German OS and I wonder, that nobody else sees this
problem. Now I am looking at my fonts, which is not so easy, because
they are in OSX at several places. If I found something, I'll post it here.
Thanks again for your answers and the time to help other people
Wolfgang Vogel

Wolfgang Vogel wrote:
I installed the trial version of jbX developer on a German OSX 10.2.8.
All is working fine, except the html and help view. In the html view the
program loads a while and it shows an empty window. In the help view it
opens an empty window. The helpfiles are installed. A jb6 version runs
without problems.

I have a similar problem; OS X 10.3.3 with Java 1.4.2 Update 1 DP1 -
german help files.
I can browse and search for contents in the help viewer, but the
displayed html page is stuck - no scrolling available.
Any hint would be welcome :)
Frank