Setting which JRE from JBuilder

2005-03-12 05:29:40 AM
jbuilder0
Is there a way to set which Java Run Time JBuilder uses? Can it be set per
project?
The problem is this, I'm doing some J2ME development and recently started
getting an error when running the emulator. "Warning: Failed to initialize
WMA message routing support". Upon some searching on the web it turns out
that the problem seems to be some sort of incompatability with Java 1.5. I
don't want to 'uninstall' 1.5 but need to run the emulator. I've come across
a solution to edit the 'default' JRE in the registry, but don't want to do
that either, since I want to run the most recent version by default.
Any ideas??
Cheers
Cam
PS. Running JBuilder Enterprise on Windows XP, SP2

Re:Setting which JRE from JBuilder

Cameron Roe wrote:
Is there a way to set which Java Run Time JBuilder uses? Can it be set per
project?

The problem is this, I'm doing some J2ME development and recently started
getting an error when running the emulator. "Warning: Failed to initialize
WMA message routing support". Upon some searching on the web it turns out
that the problem seems to be some sort of incompatability with Java 1.5. I
don't want to 'uninstall' 1.5 but need to run the emulator. I've come across
a solution to edit the 'default' JRE in the registry, but don't want to do
that either, since I want to run the most recent version by default.
Any ideas??

Cheers

Cam

PS. Running JBuilder Enterprise on Windows XP, SP2

1. Rename (or delete) C:\windows\system32\java.exe and javaw.exe (evil,
evil, evil little {*word*81}s that check the registry and redirect you to a
real java.exe and javaw.exe)
2. Define a JAVA_HOME environment variable
3. Add %JAVA_HOME%\bin; to your PATH
--
Regards,
Lori Olson [TeamB]