Signing an Applet

2004-10-12 04:07:49 AM
jbuilder22
I have created the .keystore and the MyStore files. I'm attempting to sign the .jar file by entering parameters for "%myapplet>jarsigner -keystore yourstore -signedjar smyapplet.jar myapplet.jar yourlicense<ENTER>". After I respond to the prompt by entering Passphrase password, nothing happens and no "smyapplet.jar" file is produced. What should I do? Thank you.

Re:Signing an Applet

On 11 Oct 2004 13:07:49 -0700, "Raymond" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >
wrote:

I have created the .keystore and the MyStore files. I'm attempting to sign the .jar file by entering parameters for "%myapplet>jarsigner -keystore yourstore -signedjar smyapplet.jar myapplet.jar yourlicense<ENTER>". After I respond to the prompt by entering Passphrase password, nothing happens and no "smyapplet.jar" file is produced. What should I do? Thank you.
You could specify -verbose to try getting more helpful messages.
In case it helps you, here's the command I'm using to sign my applet
on WinXP:
C:\jbuilder9\jdk1.4\bin\jarsigner -verbose -keystore .\wcnkeystore
-storepass mystorepassword -keypass mykeypassword
.\..\TthDashboard.jar wcnclient
I execute this from a batch file in the same folder as the
"wcnkeystore" file. My jar file is two folders up in the hierarchy.
Bill D. Pirkle