Changing the formatting of Ctrl+J inserts

2004-07-08 04:08:53 AM
jbuilder24
Hi,
Does anyone know a way to change the default templates that JBuilderX comes
with (for example tryc) so that the code inserted on a Ctrl+J matches the
coding options configured in Project Properties | Formatting | Blocks ?
New code that I write follows my formatting options, but when I do a Ctrl+J
insertion that code does not. I can successfully do a "format all" after
the insertion and the code is corrected as I expect, but I was wondering if
there's a way to force the insertion itself to follow the formatting so that
I don't need to do the extra step of "format all".
I have tried editing the templates inside JBuilder, but when I save my edits
(which usually consist of some whitespace additions; space, carriage
returns, etc) the changes seem to be ignored. Only when I create completely
new templates is the formatting of my template retained and inserted into my
code with Ctrl+J correctly. I could completely rewite all of the default
templates from scratch and probably get what I want, but I was hoping
there's an easier way.
Thanks in advance for the help.

Re:Changing the formatting of Ctrl+J inserts

Howard Burgett wrote:

[...]

I believe that is a RFE in Quality Central. You should look for it and
vote for it. In JBX basically you have to rewrite all the templates
from scratch. Sorry.
--
Regards,
Lori Olson [TeamB]