$ signs inside Templates (JB 9)

2003-11-12 07:41:29 PM
jbuilder3
Hi,
I want to use a $ inside a template for jbuilder9. This is so I can add a
boiler plate for sourcesafe to perform keyword expansion on at the top of
every class.
Unfortunaely when I insert the template, all $ signs are gone..
Any way around this?
Steve

Re:$ signs inside Templates (JB 9)

On 11/12/2003 at 6:41:29 AM, SPG wrote:
I want to use a $ inside a template for jbuilder9. This is so I can
add a boiler plate for sourcesafe to perform keyword expansion on at
the top of every class.

Unfortunaely when I insert the template, all $ signs are gone..
That is a known problem, introduced when macro substitution was added
to the template feature in JBuilder 9. Unfortunately, there does not
seem to be any way to insert a '$'. I expect that will be fixed in the
next release.
--
Regards,
John McGrath [TeamB]

Re:$ signs inside Templates (JB 9)

D'oh!!!!!
That was silly wasn't it??
"John McGrath [TeamB]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
On 11/12/2003 at 6:41:29 AM, SPG wrote:

>I want to use a $ inside a template for jbuilder9. This is so I can
>add a boiler plate for sourcesafe to perform keyword expansion on at
>the top of every class.
>
>Unfortunaely when I insert the template, all $ signs are gone..

That is a known problem, introduced when macro substitution was added
to the template feature in JBuilder 9. Unfortunately, there does not
seem to be any way to insert a '$'. I expect that will be fixed in the
next release.

--
Regards,

John McGrath [TeamB]

Before sending me e-mail, please read:

Re:$ signs inside Templates (JB 9)

On 11/13/2003 at 7:22:27 AM, SPG wrote:
D'oh!!!!!
That was silly wasn't it??
Yes, but I can understand how one could overlook it. It is unfortunate
that it did not get caught before it got out the door, but at least the
problem is not that hard to deal with. The only place I have wanted to
use a "$" was in a "header" template containing a CVS tag.