JB2005 Windows Executable can't find DLL for loadLibrary

2004-10-28 02:48:36 PM
jbuilder18
Same code on JBuilder X works fine.
On JBuilder 2005 the Windows executable returns with error loading the DLL.
No problem with the jar version but the Consule executable also has this
problem.
BTW This(a newsgroup) is a really BAD way to support a product. I sell
photo software on the net and communicate directly with every customer.
When I called Borland, they referred me to the newsgroup since the Designer
Startup problem wasn't an "installation issue". This is the second problem
I have had with 2005 and I'm not happy. ARE YOU LISTENING BORLAND?
Duane

Re:JB2005 Windows Executable can't find DLL for loadLibrary

Duane DeSieno wrote:
On JBuilder 2005 the Windows executable returns with error loading the DLL.
What error? Could you please post the entire error message?
When I called Borland, they referred me to the newsgroup since the Designer
Startup problem wasn't an "installation issue". This is the second problem
I have had with 2005 and I'm not happy. ARE YOU LISTENING BORLAND?
No idea what happened here. Did you buy the product (and what product -
Pro or Enterprise?), or are you just evaluating it? What's the standard
support period and terms for the product?

Re:JB2005 Windows Executable can't find DLL for loadLibrary

It is difficult to say without knowing the actual error, but usually you
need to put all shared libraries in a directory where you run your
project in (see "working directory" in project properties).
- Alexey.
Duane DeSieno wrote:
Same code on JBuilder X works fine.
On JBuilder 2005 the Windows executable returns with error loading the DLL.
No problem with the jar version but the Consule executable also has this
problem.

BTW This(a newsgroup) is a really BAD way to support a product. I sell
photo software on the net and communicate directly with every customer.
When I called Borland, they referred me to the newsgroup since the Designer
Startup problem wasn't an "installation issue". This is the second problem
I have had with 2005 and I'm not happy. ARE YOU LISTENING BORLAND?

Duane

{smallsort}

Alexey N. Solofnenko wrote:
It is difficult to say without knowing the actual error, but usually you
need to put all shared libraries in a directory where you run your
project in (see "working directory" in project properties).

- Alexey.

Or specify a command-line parameter of:
-Djava.library.path=direcory/with/dlls
--
Regards,
Lori Olson [TeamB]

On 10/28/2004 at 2:48:36 AM, Duane DeSieno wrote:
BTW This(a newsgroup) is a really BAD way to support a product. I sell
photo software on the net and communicate directly with every customer.
When I called Borland, they referred me to the newsgroup since the
Designer Startup problem wasn't an "installation issue". This is the
second problem I have had with 2005 and I'm not happy. ARE YOU
LISTENING BORLAND?
If they just directed you to this newsgroup, then someone messed up.
Borland does provide the type of technical support that you seem to be
looking for. You can contact Support Sales at (831) 431-1064.
Borland does provide free support on installation issues, but not for
regular use issues. I presume they thought you were looking for help
on this as an "installation issue", which it clearly is not.
These newsgroups are not an official Borland support mechanism, but rather
these are peer-supported newsgroups, which means that you will often find
help here, but it is not guaranteed. You post a question, and if someone
knows the answer and has the time and inclination to answer you, they do
so. This is not a place to come if you need a guaranteed correct answer
in a specific timeframe.
But many people do find help here. Not only do you have some extremely
knowledgeable users who frequent these groups, but you often will find
Borland people here on their own time, from developer, support, and other
departments. Borland also sweetens the pot with TeamB - we spend a lot of
time here answering questions. And to add to all of that, these
newsgroups are free.
So if you need help with this type of issue, and you do not require a
guaranteed, instant response, then by all means, try these newsgroups.
Just don't expect them to be something they are not. Unfortunately, the
kind of service that it sounds like you are looking for does not come for
free.
--
Regards,
John McGrath [TeamB]

Re:JB2005 Windows Executable can't find DLL for loadLibrary

JBuilder 2005 Developer.
Purchased.
NOTE: TksPro32 is a DLL in the C:\WINNT\system32 directory
NOTE: TksPro32JNI is the JNI to support the DLL
NOTE: ClassCat is the Application being built in JBuilder 2005
NOTE: This error does not occure in JBuilder X Developer
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no TksPro32 in
java.l
ibrary.path
at TksPro32JNI.<clinit>(TksPro32JNI.java:112)
at Frame1.<init>(Frame1.java:254)
at ClassCat.<init>(ClassCat.java:18)
at ClassCat.main(ClassCat.java:54)
"Shankar Unni" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Duane DeSieno wrote:

>On JBuilder 2005 the Windows executable returns with error loading the
DLL.

What error? Could you please post the entire error message?

>When I called Borland, they referred me to the newsgroup since the
Designer
>Startup problem wasn't an "installation issue". This is the second
problem
>I have had with 2005 and I'm not happy. ARE YOU LISTENING BORLAND?

No idea what happened here. Did you buy the product (and what product -
Pro or Enterprise?), or are you just evaluating it? What's the standard
support period and terms for the product?

Re:JB2005 Windows Executable can't find DLL for loadLibrary

Do you have the same settings for the system property "java.library.path" in
both cases?
Go to Help | About JBuilder | Info and look at the value.
To avoid being at the mercy of whatever Java runtime startup logic that sets
the default value for that property from Windows environment variables, you
can set it explicitly as a VM
parameter -Djava.library.path=C:\WINNT\system32. You can do that in your
run/debug configuration via Run | Configurations Edit.
"Duane DeSieno" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
JBuilder 2005 Developer.
Purchased.

NOTE: TksPro32 is a DLL in the C:\WINNT\system32 directory
NOTE: TksPro32JNI is the JNI to support the DLL
NOTE: ClassCat is the Application being built in JBuilder 2005
NOTE: This error does not occure in JBuilder X Developer

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no TksPro32 in
java.l
ibrary.path
at TksPro32JNI.<clinit>(TksPro32JNI.java:112)
at Frame1.<init>(Frame1.java:254)
at ClassCat.<init>(ClassCat.java:18)
at ClassCat.main(ClassCat.java:54)

Re:JB2005 Windows Executable can't find DLL for loadLibrary

Checked in About JBuilder Info and the WINNT\system32 is there in both
versions.
Yet that still does not explain why ClassCat.exe built with JBuilder X runs
and ClassCat.exe built with JBuilder 2005 generates the Error.
BTW, The ClassCat.jar files built with both versions run just fine.
Thanks for your help.
Duane

news:4183ce58$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>JBuilder 2005 Developer.
>Purchased.
>
>NOTE: TksPro32 is a DLL in the C:\WINNT\system32 directory
>NOTE: TksPro32JNI is the JNI to support the DLL
>NOTE: ClassCat is the Application being built in JBuilder 2005
>NOTE: This error does not occure in JBuilder X Developer
>
>Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no TksPro32
in
>java.l
>ibrary.path
>at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1491)
>at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:788)
>at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:834)
>at TksPro32JNI.<clinit>(TksPro32JNI.java:112)
>at Frame1.<init>(Frame1.java:254)
>at ClassCat.<init>(ClassCat.java:18)
>at ClassCat.main(ClassCat.java:54)

Re:JB2005 Windows Executable can't find DLL for loadLibrary

Pretty much every release there is an update to the launcher. I'd like to
find out if there is a problem with the latest version that is causing this.
One way to test it would be to explicitly set the VM parameter as I
suggested before.
Another better test would be to have your program output the value of
"java.path.library" at startup to see if the JDK is seeing the environment
variables it uses to set this string.
"Duane DeSieno" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Checked in About JBuilder Info and the WINNT\system32 is there in both
versions.

Yet that still does not explain why ClassCat.exe built with JBuilder X
runs
and ClassCat.exe built with JBuilder 2005 generates the Error.

BTW, The ClassCat.jar files built with both versions run just fine.

Thanks for your help.

Duane

Re:JB2005 Windows Executable can't find DLL for loadLibrary

When I run the jar vs. the .exe, the java.library.path is different but the
directory containing the TksPro32.dll is present in both.
This is clearly a BUG in JBuilder 2005.

news:418432b5$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>Checked in About JBuilder Info and the WINNT\system32 is there in both
>versions.
>
>Yet that still does not explain why ClassCat.exe built with JBuilder X
>runs
>and ClassCat.exe built with JBuilder 2005 generates the Error.
>
>BTW, The ClassCat.jar files built with both versions run just fine.
>
>Thanks for your help.
>
>Duane

Re:JB2005 Windows Executable can't find DLL for loadLibrary

It is unlikely a bug in JBuilder, maybe in Java, but not in JBuilder itself.
Is it possible that TksPro32.dll references some other dlls (for example
some libraries from IDE) and they are not on PATH? Maybe those libraries
were [incidentally] shipped with old JBuilder.
- Alexey.
Duane DeSieno wrote:
When I run the jar vs. the .exe, the java.library.path is different but the
directory containing the TksPro32.dll is present in both.

This is clearly a BUG in JBuilder 2005.

Duane

Re:JB2005 Windows Executable can't find DLL for loadLibrary

There are not enough details provided yet to identify where the problem is.
Please modify your program to add the following line (configure to create a
"windows console" executable from the Executables property page of the
Native Executable node in your project), build/run it from both JBX and
JB2005, and post the output.
System.out.println(System.getProperty("java.library.path"));
"Duane DeSieno" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
When I run the jar vs. the .exe, the java.library.path is different but
the
directory containing the TksPro32.dll is present in both.

This is clearly a BUG in JBuilder 2005.

Duane

Re:JB2005 Windows Executable can't find DLL for loadLibrary

Hey Duane,
I mailed you a fix to your private account, please let me know if that
fixed it.
Thanks,
./Tom